Chapter 10

Anthony

Driving to school is one of those things you do and not really think about. Well today on my way to school all I could think about was how many more minutes it would take until I walked into that learning pit.

I'm actually kind of nervous to see Alex. He doesn't really know why we feel so attracted to each other, it's probably weird to him.

As I pulled into the parking lot I was greeted by some of my friends. They were asking me a bunch of questions about my mate and I answered as many as I could proudly. Which weren't many, I never realized how little I actually knew about him.

I saw in the distance a car pull up and the cutest person imaginable climb out.

A smile making it's way on my face immediately.

As my friends made their way into the school, I went straight up to my mate. He had on light wash skinny jeans and a cream button up shirt. Simple but cute.

As I approached him I could tell that he was starting to get nervous. Malakai almost whined because he didnt want to see Alex upset because of us. His hand tightened a little more on the strap of his bookbag and his other hand immediately went into his pocket. The thought of making him uncomfortable had me falter in my steps toward him.

Everyone always thinks that all Alphas are so sure of themselves and aggressive, not me. The thought of making my mate feel any emotion but happiness had me in near tears.

I stopped walking and he continued to make his way to the building.  Once he was closer to the doors be turned around to face me.

He took a quick breath before looking up at me. "Ok, um, hi?" Alex said in his comforting tone.  It wasn't as deep as the the guys his age but was definitely deeper that that of a girl.

I smiled, happy that he was able to talk to me on his own. "Hi." He ran his hands through his hair and emitted another quick breath. "Ok, Tony. I'm extremely flattered but maybe we shouldn't date. After sleeping on it I realized that I really don't know anything about you. Hell, you might be a murderer or something!"

Did you hear that? My heart literally shattered. I can feel the pieces stabbing me from the inside. Malakai was whining with the fact that our mate rejected us. Alex must have been able to see the sadness on my face because he started waving his hands rapidly.

"Sorry it's just that I don't really know much about you. I said yes because I've had a crush on you for a long time. I want us to get to know each other a little better first. Is that ok?"

That makes so much sense and I almost cried because I'm so relieved. I shake off any nerves I had previously and quickly replied,"Yes! I mean, we can totally get to know each other better!"

He smiled such a sweet and angelic smile. "Okay, great."

And with that, my beautiful hopefully soon to be boyfriend, made his way into the school.