THIRTEEN.

PRESENT.

"it got really dark before it got light. but i think it had to. i think i had to see how bad it could be before i truly wanted to live again."
•<><><><><>•

"yoongi hyung?" jimin asked softly as they walked back from the cafeteria hand in hand. yoongi's heart fluttered a bit at the sound of the younger's voice saying his name. he titled his head to the side as they stepped in the elevator.

"hmm?" he asked. he pressed the button for the third floor where their room was. jimin fiddled with his thumbs so he wouldn't have to look at the older.

"will you paint my nails?" he said quietly. yoongi smiled to himself at how shy jimin could be at times and gave a tiny squeeze to the younger's small and chubby hands.

"of course, baby boy. do you have nail polish?" jimin nodded his head happily at the older's exception of his request.

"every color!" he squealed a bit too excitedly. when the elevator beeped open, jimin pulled yoongi along with him to their room. he fishes around in his drawers for a bit before pulling out a beach blue bag. he opened it to reveal a rainbow of nail polish.

"why haven't you painted your nails before?" yoongi asked curiously as jimin picked out a shade of light purple. he grabbed a few tissues and sat on the edge of the bed.

"i was afraid you wouldn't like it." he
said timidly while yoongi twisted open the bottle of polish. he took jimin's hand in his own and handled it like it was a piece of glass, fragile and breakable.

"princess, you have to get this through your head. i like you and everything about you. there is nothing you can do to change that." jimin blushed and focused only on the cold liquid purple being spread on his nails carefully.

"you're good at painting nails." jimin observed. yoongi chuckled.

"i used to work in my mom's nail salon." jimin giggled and covered his mouth.

"you must've loved working there." yoongi laughed sarcastically and shook his head.

"hell no. to many middle aged soccer moms telling me what to do." he crinkled his nose and imitated their voices. "no, i said i wanted lustful red, not ladybug red! no, not that way. no, no, no!"

jimin chuckled and suddenly wrapped yoongi into a long hug. yoongi hesitantly wrapped his arms around the younger. after a while, he said

"come on, minnie. if there's nail polish on my shirt i will fight you." jimin giggled as he pulled away and raised his tiny fists in a cute manner. yoongi rolled his eyes and grabbed jimin's other hand.

there was a long and unbearable silence, seemingly, after that. it looked as though jimin was in deep thought. a pout on his face that made him look unbearably adorable. his forehead was in crinkles, his cheeks puffed out.

"yoongi?" he hesitantly asked. yoongi looked up and met the younger's eyes, making jimin's cheeks slightly go pink. yoongi let out a small 'mhm?' and finished jimin's last pinkie nail with one swipe. he twisted the cap back on the polish and looked back at jimin.

"yes, princess?" yoongi asked when jimin didn't respond. jimin shook his head, seemingly being transported back to his reality.

"sorry, i was thinking." he says absentmindedly. yoongi's mouth forms into an o shape and he places the polish back in the bag before zipping it up.

"about what?" jimin shyly smiles and shakes his head, his eyes crinkling into an eye smile that makes yoongi grin.

"love."

"what about it?" yoongi asks curiously.

"how do you know when you love someone?" he says quietly, almost too quietly for his hyung to hear. the older did catch the words though, and they almost made his heart skip a beat.

"well, uhh..." he begins, searching for the right words. "you think about them all the time. when you wake up, before you go to bed. you dream about them. sometimes, even when they just look at you, you smile. even if you're doing nothing at all with them, you're never bored. you always want to be with them. you can see your future with them."

jimin nods and continues listening.

"you'd do anything for them. you'd give up a day of your life just for an hour of their time." yoongi ends his view on love with a long sigh. jimin chuckles to himself.

"huh." jimin says, shaking his head and carelessly plopping himself in his back onto the bed.

"what?" yoongi asks curiously.

"i guess i'm in love with you then,
min yoongi."