TWENTY FIVE.

the funeral was held in the hospital's cafeteria.

yoongi was captured by the police and taken back to oak rehab immediately after the paramedics arrived and identified him. he didn't really care at that point, though. all he cared about was jimin.

and all he cared about was gone.

they set up rows of foldable chairs across the room since they had cleared out the tables. jimin's casket was placed at the front of the room, opened. the coroners had dressed him in a black tux and combed his pink hair back neatly, parted to the side. his eyes were left shut, and his hands were placed on his lap.

attendance to the funeral was optional, but most every patient from yoongi and jimin's floor was there. no matter if they knew him or not, they came to pay their respects.

a crumpled and broken yoongi showed up in his only tux, a beaten-up grey one his mom had gotten him for the prom he refused to attend. he stopped by the casket only for a moment, catching jimin's closed eyes with his own, before turning away quickly before any tears can escape his eyes.

he sits next to a solemn dr. seokjin, who was dressed in a black suit similar to jimin's. his hair was parted neatly and his spectacles rested on the bridge of his nose. his husband, namjoon, was next to him, a sad expression on his face. a young boy sat in seokjin's lap, sucking his thumb and clinging to his shoulder. he was their son, jungkook.

they faced the front absentmindedly, letting the preacher recite bible verses and continue with the service. for most of the speech, yoongi was focused on counting the ceiling tiles and drowning out whatever he had to say. if he listened, he would cry, and crying was a sign of weakness, and jimin would never want to see him cry.

the preacher asks if anyone would like to say a few words. without much thought as to where his feet were taking him, yoongi carried himself up to the podium to the left of the casket.

"my name is min yoongi." he says into the mic, letting out a sigh. "and i was jimin's boyfriend."

a small wave of shock is sent through the room, though most everyone expected it to be just as true.

"i speak... very differently than most people. some call me poetic, others call me crazy. i never spoke to jimin about what i truly felt about him, because i figured he would think i was weird. now, that's the least of my worries."

"he had bubblegum pink hair that would frame his forehead, and it would frizz up a bit in the morning when he woke up. he had mocha brown eyes that were so dark brown they were almost black, and they shimmered whenever he was happy."

"his nose was slightly upturned, and i loved it, though he always got agitated when i complimented it. he had chubby cheeks that would most obviously turn red if he was embarrassed, and plump lips tinted pink."

"his laugh sent chills down my spine. it was the most pleasant sound i had ever heard, and it would always make me smile. everything about park jimin made me smile, actually. everything."

he paused and looked around the room. some were crying, others were nodding understandingly, and others weren't even paying attention, though yoongi didn't care. he continued.

"park jimin taught me a lot of things, too. more than i thought i would ever learn. he taught me that love is more than a word. love is something you feel. love is wanting to hold someone and never let them go."

"love makes you happy. it makes you sad. love can make you angry. it makes you cry. love lets you know you're alive. love makes you care about someone other than yourself. it makes you care about the small things."

"park jimin taught me all these things and more. he taught me how to love someone, how to hate someone, how to cherish someone as much as i cherished him."

"and park jimin taught me to never take someone or their love for granted, because you might lose them tomorrow."

"thank you."

he walks away from the platform and out of the room without another word.