SEVENTEEN.

when the party had ended, slowly but surely, the patients began to drift off back to their rooms. it was a bit late at night by the time the event had died down, and yoongi yawned softly from the far end of the table. yoongi, who was next to him, smiled to himself as he saw the boy's eyes shut softly and then flutter back open quickly.

"baby boy?" he asked as jimin closed his eyes. upon hearing the older's voice, his eyes snapped open, still with a sleepy gaze. "are you tired?"

jimin simply nods, his head falling down into the palm of his hand that was propped up on the table by his elbow. yoongi stands up and pulls out jimin's chair smoothly.

"come on, lets go." he says softly. when jimin doesn't respond, yoongi rolls his eyes, though he giggles directly afterwards. he bends down and places one hand on yoongi's back and one on the crook of his legs, and he begins to carry him towards their room.

he takes him into the elevator, earning a few sideways glances from a couple of different patients at the strange behavior of one man carrying another gently in his arms. on the second floor, the elevator stops slowly, signaling another patient or guard will get on.

to yoongi's detest, matt appears in the doorway, and steps in with a smug smile. yoongi tries not to make eye contact, he continuously stares at the wall in front of him, waiting anxiously for the doors to open. it felt like hours.

out of the corner of his eye, yoongi noticed matt staring at jimin and biting his lip. yoongi turned towards matt with an accusing glance and meets his film like grey eyes. matt responds to yoongi's stare with a low, evil-like chuckle.

"he looks even prettier when he sleeps, doesn't he?"

"what?" yoongi asked.

"i said, he looks even prettier when he sleeps." yoongi watches in horror as matt's hand moves closer and closer to a strand of jimin's hair swipes across his forehead. to yoongi's relief, just as the older's hand met the lock of hair, the elevator doors open.

yoongi rushes out with a quick pace, hearing matt once again chuckle. he hurries to his room and locks the door behind him. he decides to not tell jimin as to not worry his baby boy.

he lays jimin carefully on the bed before getting undressed in to just his grey boxers and laying down next to the young one. as he wraps the blanket on top of them both and flicks on the tv so jimin can see when he has to use the bathroom or if he has a nightmare, jimin's eyes flutter open and he wakes up.

"sorry, baby boy. i didn't mean for you to wake up." jimin smiles and snuggles into yoongi's arms, letting out a sleepy 'it's okay.' before rubbing his head onto yoongi's bear chest.

as yoongi watches the other boy try and go back to his soft slumber, he notices jimin tense up at the sound of thunder. the rain echoes tremendously against the roof above them, mercilessly sending small taps onto the window.

"what's wrong, jiminie?" he asks quietly, using a soft voice so he wouldn't make the younger more awake than he already was.

"i hate the rain." he says, grabbing yoongi's hand with his. the young one's hand was clammy, trembling, shaking uncontrollably.

"why, baby?" yoongi says, inhaling the smell of peppermint from his hair and kissing the top of his head softly.

"it feels like i'm drowning." he whispers softly. "i can never sleep when it rains."

memories of his shattered world of littlespace crumpling before his eyes in his room when he was thirteen filled his mind. his head was filled with the static of his shattered tv, the voice of his mother echoing in his left ear, the rain drumming along calmly in the right.

"how about we talk then? how about i stay up with you until you fall asleep. would you like that, baby boy?" jimin nods shyly and pulls away from the hug they had been in for at least five minutes now.

"what do you want to talk about?" yoongi asks curiously at jimin's silence.

"what if the world is just our imagination?" yoongi's eyes widen at the sudden question.

"i never really thought about that, jimin." he says softly, peppering kisses along the top of his head and sighing deeply.

"what if everything i see is all made up?" he continues. "what if you aren't real? what if this hospital isn't real. what if... what if our love isn't real?" he says, his voice cracking a bit at his last statement.

"you know, i guess that would be a good theory," yoongi said softly, thinking about his inner turmoil with mei.

"but if the world really is just my imagination, then you're the most beautiful thing my mind has come up with."