FIFTEEN.

"happy birthday!" jimin whispered, poking yoongi's cheek cutely to wake him up. the older groaned and slowly blinked open his eyes to find the beautiful sight of the bubble-gum haired boy sitting impatiently on his chest.

he smiles and grabs jimin's chubby cheeks in between his forefinger and thumb, pinching them sweetly. jimin leans down and pecks him on the nose while yoongi looks at him questioningly.

"since when do you wake me up at..." he pauses to look at the alarm clock on top of the bedside table, next to the lamp. "seven a.m?"

jimin giggles and rolls off of the older's chest, laying on his back next to him and lying his head on his shoulder. he intertwined yoongi's hands with his, rubbing his thumb against yoongi's scab-covered hands.

"since it's your birthday, silly!" jimin says sarcastically, playfully punching yoongi on his firm shoulders. "you're eighteen! don't you keep track of these things?"

yoongi shrugged his shoulders and counted the ceiling tiles absentmindedly, playing with jimin's pinkie finger and admiring his nail polish work. "not really."

jimin clicks his tounge and sits up eagerly. "well, it's your birthday. and i want breakfast, so let's go."

yoongi smiles at the younger's overall adorableness and reluctantly swung his legs over the bed, letting his bare feet hit the cool tile floor. he makes his way across the room to the dresser and hurriedly fishes around for something to wear. out of the corner of his eye, he sees jimin changing into a baby blue skirt and baggy white shirt.

he watched as the younger put on his lace pink socks and blue flats slowly. he then turned back and took off his shirt, revealing his milky white skin. he put on a pastel green collared shirt and simple blue jeans. he then put on his socks and green sneakers.

"ready?" jimin asked, tracing his fingers along the edges of his skirt and looking at the older with his big brown eyes. yoongi nods and takes jimin's hand, and they slowly make their way toward the cafeteria.

it had been five months exactly since jimin arrived at oak. five months full of coloring, dress up, dolls, tea parties, and bubble baths. five months of gazing upon the stars late at night, feeding the coy fish, bedtime stories, and playing go fish.

yoongi had been seeing mei rarely since jimin arrived. all his time and energy were focused on his baby boy, his bubble gum haired, wide smiling baby boy. occasionally he would see her, and she would look bitter. unstable. it made yoongi shiver every time he saw her, because for the first time, his imagination made her look dead.

it was truly a horrible sight, but jimin always brightened his day. her frizzy, sweat covered hair was replaced with jimin's smooth and in place hair. her dry, cracked lips were replaced with jimin's plump ones.

they arrived at the cafeteria doors. jimin squeezed yoongi's hand a bit before opening the door. what yoongi saw brought him to tears.

"happy birthday!" hundreds of voices said from around the room. yoongi's mouth gaped open as his eyes traveled over the cafeteria with jimin's.

there were banners much similar to the one's yoongi's mother used to get him. they were light blue, with fat, purple letters. this time they spelled out 'happy 18th birthday, yoongi.'

the tables of the cafeteria were all pushed together in one large row. the tables were covered with white placemats lined with blue and baby blue plates. on each plate was two slices of pizza, not the cafeteria pizza, but fast food pizza. the type of pizza that made yoongi's mouth water.

next to the plates were light pink solo cups filled with sprite or coke, alternating with every other seat. there were plastic forks and spoons. there was also a bundle of balloons in pastel colors attached to small weights on either side of the table.

in the middle of the table, there was a two tiered cake. it had smooth purple frosting with small pink swirls on the edges. it was topped with whipped cream and strawberries. it also had two candles. one was 1, and the other was 8, making 18.

yoongi looked over what his baby boy had done for him and broke down into tears on the floor. he couldn't tell whether they were of joy or sadness; joy because of such a wonderful birthday party, or sadness that this was the only real birthday party he had. the only one where anyone bothered to show up.

jimin's heart broke a bit, seeing his hyung in such an unstable state. he bent down and yoongi immediately tackled him with a warm hug.

they laid there like that for awhile, yoongi stifling his sobs into jimin's baggy shirt and striking the younger's hair softly with one hand, placing his hand on his cheek with the other. after awhile, yoongi found the courage to say the words he could barely spit out.

"thank you." he mumbled into his ear. he wanted to say how much he loved jimin, how this was the only real party he ever had, how this was something so small but it meant so much. he wanted to tell jimin how much he cared for him, how he was the best thing that ever happened to him, how he meant the world to him. but he couldn't find the right words.

jimin simply nodded his head, though, because he already knew.