TWENTY FOUR.

yoongi made sure to wake up early that morning, before jimin would, so he could surprise him. it was not even one am when he roared the engine of the truck and began once again down the road. he knew the hospital staff was most likely looking for them, so driving during the day would be dangerous.

he used matt's phone, which luckily didn't have a passcode, to navigate his way to the surprise. about two hours of driving slowly as so not to wake jimin later, he arrived and stopped the car abruptly.

it was then three am, and he could hardly contain the surprise within himself. after awhile of battling mentally with himself, he came to the decision that he would wake jimin early.

"jimin, wake up." he whispered, lightly shaking the pink-haired boy's shoulder. the young one woke before him, slowly but surely opening his eyes. he sweetly smiled when he noticed yoongi, and rolled upwards to face him.

"what? what's wrong?" he questioned,
lazily sitting up and brushing his hair back. his eyes lit up when he glanced out of the car's window.

yoongi had brought him to a playground.

"oh my god, yoongi!" he exclaimed, excited. he jumped into the older's arms and they clumsily fell out of the car and onto the playground's multicolored mulch. jimin peppered kisses all over the older's face, overwhelmed with joy.

"i've never been to a park before." he said, hopping off of yoongi's chest and glancing around the blue and grey equipment. yoongi sent him off with a pat to the back and sat on the bench as he watched the other hop and jump off of different platforms around the park.

"thank you, yoongi!" jimin shouted from the top of the middle slide of three before sliding down and running across the mulch.

"you're welcome. are you having fun, baby boy?" he questioned, standing up and making his way towards the younger.

"yes, thank you, yoongi." he placed himself on yoongi's back. for the next few hours, they played carelessly around the small park. when the sun was nearly rising, yoongi informed jimin they would soon have to leave so they wouldn't be found.

"five more minutes?" he pleaded, sticking out his bottom lip and showing puppy-dog eyes. yoongi rolled his eyes and smiled, ruffling the young boy's tuft of pink hair.

"fine. go play." jimin nodded and raced up the stairs to the black platform. yoongi chuckled to himself and made his way back to the car, starting up the engine and sitting on the hood.

yoongi laid down and glanced up at the stars, watching the black sky turn to dark blue, then purple, then pinks, oranges, and yellows as the sun began to rise.

his peaceful, calm thoughts were interrupted by jimin screaming for his help.

he could vaguely make out his name being choked in the middle of a furious line of coughs escaping the younger's mouth. once yoongi had a small sense on what was happening, he jumped off of the hood of the car and raced to where jimin was, collapsed against the mulch.

"jimin, oh god, jimin!" he noticed blood pooling out of the younger's mouth with every cough, dropping slowly onto the mulch below him. he was clutching his chest, his eyes were watering.

"jimin, what happened? yoongi asked. he gripped jimin's cheeks as his coughs grew worse, now mixed with a fit of sobs emitting from his mouth. tears raced down his cheeks and blood was still coming out of his mouth, staining his small hands with red.

"i... i can't... breathe." jimin's words sent yoongi into a panic, a few tear droplets letting themselves roll from his eyes rapidly. yoongi instantly remembers the conversation they had had a few weeks before about jimin's heart problems.

"where's your medicine?" yoongi asks hurriedly, ready to rush back to the car and look for it. jimin grasps his wrist tightly before he can do so.

"it's at the hospital." he breathes out, wheezing and coughing. he tries to stifle it, but it ends up shooting blood out of his nose as well.

"oh, god. oh god oh god. okay, just breathe. look at me, jimin. look at me, okay?" jimin nods and makes eyes contact with yoongi, weakly smiling, tears uncontrollably falling.

"i'm gonna call 911." yoongi says, fumbling around in his pockets for matt's phone.

"yoongi, the hospital will find you if you do." jimin says, pleading inc with him.

"i don't care. i'd rather spend every day of my life in there than lose you." he dials the three digits into the phone and grasps jimin's hand harder than he ever had before.

"911, what's your emergency?" yoongi breathes a sigh of relief.

"my boyfriend, he can't breathe." yoongi sobs, stopping his words all together.

"sir, i'm going to need you to calm down. tell me what's happening, again."

"okay, well, my boyfriend can't breathe, and he's coughing up blood, and i don't know what to do. his medicine is at the hospital and i... i..." jimin hacks up another load of blood, this time onto yoongi's shirt. jimin reaches up and his hand brushes against yoongi's left cheek.

"yoongi... i really love you." the sound of the 911 operator's voice soon drowns out of yoongi's ears. he panics upon jimin's words.

"no, don't think like that. just breathe. focus on me, look at me, breathe." he softly begins to cry and hears the operator's voice in his left ear. his tears flood from his eyes and fall onto jimin's locks, the bubblegum pink shade, the hair he loved so much.

"we're going to track your location and we're going to send help, okay sir?" yoongi doesn't respond. he drops the phone onto the mulch and crouches before jimin, grasping his hand tightly.

he held it even as his hand began to grow cold.

jimin's hearing began to fill with static. he could only hear a foggy version of yoongi's voice. it sounded like he was underwater, and the familiar feeling of drowning overwhelmed him. his vision became blurry. he could make out colors, but his eyes wouldn't focus.

the only thing he could see were the colors on the police sirens.

red, blue

red, blue

red,

blue.

red blue

red

blue

red, blue

black