TWENTY ONE.

the walk back to the room was spent entirely in silence. yoongi was just as shocked as jimin, and he dragged his feet along the tile floor. so many emotions had piled onto him for the past few days, he didn't know how to feel. he didn't know what to do. he didn't know if anything he was seeing was really there.

when he and jimin reached the door that separated the hallway from their room, yoongi quickly noticed jimin walking the opposite direction down the hallway.

"where are you going?" he asked, taking his hand off of the door handle.

"anywhere but here." jimin breathed out, turning back and standing still facing yoongi.

"why? jimin, just give me a chance to explain." yoongi didn't know exactly what to explain. he still couldn't fully comprehend what had happened the night mei died. had he blacked out? was he thinking right when he did it? what did she do to make him so angry he had to kill her.

"give you a chance?" for the first time, yoongi heard jimin's voice raised. "you're a murderer! you killed someone, yoongi! get that through your skull, alright?"

tears ran down jimin's cheeks and he broke down into a loud fit of sobs. yoongi begins to cry as well, biting his lip to the point that it begins to bleed.

"jimin, you don't get it. i don't get it, either. i don't know what happened that night. we just need to figure things out." yoongi pleaded with the younger, stepping towards him.

jimin backed up with every step yoongi took, and the realization hit yoongi like a truck.

jimin was afraid of him.

"that's exactly what i'm going to do." he began, turning away and walking farther down the hallway. "i'm going to walk the halls until i figure things out. i'll be back later, alright?"

his voice cracked a bit at the end, and without waiting for yoongi's response, he continued his pace down the corridor, away from their room, and away from yoongi.

yoongi walked into the room and softly shut the door behind him, lying down on their bed and inhaling jimin's scent of peppermint left on the pillows. he cried there, for awhile.

it was only a few minutes before he noticed mei's figure standing in the corner staring back at him.

"what do you want?" he asked, shoving. his face into his fluffy pillow and letting tears fall onto it slowly.

"why are you the one being rude to me?" she says harshly, sitting down for the chair sat their for visitors. "you owe me so much."

when he didn't respond, she leaned in close to his ear and whispered "you killed me, min yoongi."

"i was your best friend." she said, tears welling up in her eyes.

"you're not real." he says loudly, with the hopes of drowning out her voice. "you're not real, you're not real, you're not real."

she sighs, smirking evilly down at the vine table patient who was now staring up at her. "you're right. not real anymore, at least."

her image fades away and yoongi abruptly stands up and makes his way toward the door, violently opening it and running down into the hallway. he needed sanity, he needed closure.

and most of all, he needed jimin.

meanwhile, jimin had been wandering the halls aimlessly for the past hour in a fit of tears, thinking about everything that had happened since yoongi and he had met. not just the mei incident, but everything about their relationship.

about how yoongi would do whatever he wanted for him, how he would whisper sweet nothings into his ear in the middle of the night, how he would touch jimin in ways no one had ever done before. he remembered when they first met, how nervous yoongi made him feel, how safe he made him feel at the same time.

he broke down once he reached the elevator. he turned back and slowly made his way towards their room. he had to apologize. he had to forgive yoongi. yoongi was the only person in jimin's life that truly cared about him.

"what's a pretty thing like you doing wandering around this late at night?"

jimin shivered as he heard the familiar voice directly behind his ear. he felt a pair of hands slip around his waist and a hand lay on his shoulder.

"it's dangerous." matt continued , peppering kisses along jimin's neck and jawline.

"please stop." the young boy managed to whimper out, trying to no avail to escape from the mans grip. matt slammed him against the wall and jimin groaned in pain at the man's tight grip on his wrists.

"stop... stop..." he felt matt's hand slip into his pants and then into his boxers. he shut his eyes and began counting to ten over and over again, waiting anxiously for it to be over.

yoongi rounded the corner and completely lost control.

he began punching matt repeatedly with no thought as to the consequences. he watches as blood pools from the older man's nose but doesn't stop. he saw what matt did to his baby boy and couldn't take it anymore, he had to let out the anger. he continued to punch until he felt a pair of hands tug at his shoulders.

"yoongi! yoongi, stop!" jimin pulled the older away and wrapped his arms around him, his quiet sobs muffled by yoongi's shoulders. "he... he tried to..."

"i know baby, i know." jimin left a soft kiss on the top of the younger's pink hair and tried not to let tears slide out from his eyes. he didn't want yoongi to see him being weak more than he already had.

"it's over, baby boy." he whispered into jimin's ear. he felt the boy nod into his shoulder.

"it's over now."