NINETEEN.

"monthly evaluations today." jimin said plainly, lifting up his arms as yoongi helped him put on his purple sweater. yoongi nodded knowingly, planting a kiss on jimin's left cheek.

wanna grab breakfast first?" yoongi questioned as he buttoned up his own pale green shirt and gazed over himself in the vanity mirror on top of the dresser. he always tried to look his best for the evaluations, no matter how low or how slim his chances were for getting out, he hadn't lost hope just yet. jimin shook his head and finished making the sheets of their bed neatly by tucking the sheet at its corner.

"no, let's just go to the office now. dr. seokjin might accept us early." yoongi nodded, though he knew such occurrences rarely happened, and quickly opened the door to their room.

they made their way down the off-white corridors slowly. yoongi had done this several times before, but it was jimin's first. the young one nervously counted the ceiling tiles and quickened his pace, dragging yoongi along with him. he was ready to get it over with.

due to their fast, marathon-like jog, they arrived in the waiting room of the office with ten minutes to spare.

"ah, boys," the chubby, black-haired secretary said through gritted teeth, typing rapidly at her computer. "have a seat. dr. seokjin will be out in a moment."

the couple nods and sits next to each other, jimin laying his head on yoongi's broad shoulders and sighing deeply. yoongi grabbed the younger's hand, tracing small circles on jimin's wrist with his thumb since he knew it calmed him down.

they both jump a bit at the sound of the office door slowly easing open. dr. seokjin smiled his signature warm and inviting grin and waved at the boys.

"hello, yoongi. jimin." he looks back and forth between them, seemingly thinking to himself. "mind if i talk to you both at the same time?"

the boys exchanged confused glances and then shook their heads, standing up and heading into the cubicle-like space dr. seokjin almost never came out of. they sat down out of pure instinct and faced the doctor as he shut the door softly behind them, earning a short, quiet click.

"so, hopefully you're okay with me talking to you both together." he says, crossing his slack-covered legs and grabbing a pen. "jimin, how has yoongi been as a roommate?"

jimin shrugged and smiled to himself. "he's great. i mean, he really cares about me." he glances over at yoongi who was smiling back at him and squeezes his hand. seokjin sighed out of pure relief and smiled from across the desk.

"phew, that's wonderful! i was a bit worried about how yoongi would react after what happened with mei." jimin furrowed his eyebrows and his forehead wrinkled with confusion.

"what happened with mei?" yoongi sighed and seokjin clicked his pen

"actually," seokjin began. "i was going to say the same thing. yoongi, please explain what happened that night."

and yoongi did just that. the story rolled off his tounge as though it had happened the day before. it had been replaying in his mind for months, as though it was a sick and twisted movie that was on a constant repeat, and he was the only one watching the scenes unfold.

when he was finished with the story he ended it with a long sigh and examined dr. seokjin's seemingly disappointed face. the man nodded and scribbled a few words sloppily on his yellow lined writing pad.

the meeting continued smoothly, questions and answers flying around the room rapidly for the next hour. yoongi's confidence rose with seokjin's satisfactory nod to each of his responses. maybe, just maybe, her would get out that day after all. at the end of the meeting, seokjin gave the two boys one caramel each from the tin resting on the corner of his desk. he spoke.

"jimin, lets keep you here for another month on pills, okay?" the young boy nodded at the expected response and brushed his pink hair back with his chubby hands. seokjin continues.

"as for you, yoongi, you're still not mentally stable and i cannot let you go just yet."

yoongi's heart sank. he could fear tears welling up in his eyes and his stomach churned. he felt sick, almost as though he was going to throw up. jimin smiled and thanked the middle aged man, taking one hand and placing it on the doorknob. he noticed yoongi was till in his chair. he hadn't moved.

"why am i mentally unstable?" yoongi asked harshly, though he had a tone of sadness to his voice and a tear rolled down his cheek. "i've worked so hard, i just want to leave!"

he couldn't hide the tears now, and they were pooling down his cheeks at a rapid rate. jimin had never seen yoongi so sad before. he had barely seen any emotion from the older at all.

"yoongi..." seokjin began, sighing and rubbing his temple. "i cant let you go until you come to terms with what happened that night."

yoongi, severely confused and emotional, shook his head in disbelief. "what do you mean 'that night'?"

"i mean the night mei died." seokjin sighed once more before leaning forward. "i might as well tell you now. mei didn't kill herself, yoongi."

he sucked in a breath and paused.

"you murdered her."