TWENTY THREE.

"we need to leave." yoongi said the sentence in one breath, softly into jimin's ear. he glanced back at matt, who was beaten half to death, wincing in pain on the ground before them.

"leave? where would we even go?" jimin asked, looking up at yoongi, his eyes still filled with salty tears from the intensity of the situation.

"jimin, i want to show you everything we can do outside of this place. everything we can experience. wouldn't you like that?" he said as he gripped the younger's cheeks. jimin apprehensively nodded and yoongi smiled before planting a kiss on his forehead.

"then lets go. we'll leave, and we'll drive. until we find somewhere. for us." he said. jimin was overwhelmed, ultimately burying his head in yoongi's chest and letting out one final sob.

"how are we going to get a car?" jimin asked yoongi. yoongi had already thought this far, though, and pulled away from the younger and bent down to matt. he felt around in his pockets until he pulled out car keys and a cellphone.

"come on, we don't have much time." jimin unconsciously reached for the older's hand and grasped it with all his might. they quickly went back into their room and quickly stuffed a few pairs of clothes, blankets, and jimin's favorite teddy bear.

they raced out to the main floor of the building, where matt was supposed to be patrolling, an used his key card to quietly and quickly slip out of the two front doors to freedom. they were overwhelmed, having only seen the freshly-paved road from their window, they were now walking along it.

emotions flowed over them like a river as they quickly stepped into matt's black truck and turned the ignition. yoongi breathed in and out, it had been three years since he last drove, and hurriedly pulled away from that parking lot and away from that place.

jimin started to cry tears of joy as they sped down the interstate highway, begging yoongi to roll down his window. when the older did, he let the cool night air overwhelm him as he threw his hands up and cheered.

when jimin's energetic excitement had passed, he snaked his hand into yoongi's and breathed out a sigh of relief.

"yoongi hyung?" he said quietly, his eyes focusing only on the long road in front of them. it was secluded, the yellow lines lining the road being the only sign of color besides the towering tree line on either side of them. they watched silently as deer and rabbits crept out from the forest, only to get a look at the foreign object that was speeding through the middle of the road.

"yes?" he said. he took his eyes off the road to look at the pink-haired boy, his beautiful features illuminated carefully by the moonlight. yoongi was simply in awe at how perfect someone could be, how pure and how innocent.

"thank you." he said, barely above a whisper. the older could barely catch onto his words as he continued. "and, i'm sorry. i shouldn't have been afraid of you. i love you, min yoongi. i really do."

"i love you too, baby boy." he said, his voice dropping to be level with jimin's. they talked for a few minutes about anything they could come up with, life, death, and everything in between.

after a moment of talking, yoongi glances to the left and sees jimin yawn, his mouth wrinkling up and his mocha eyes watering.

"you tired?" yoongi asks, making a right turn. jimin sleepily nods and places his hand in his palm, his eyes fluttering open and drifting shut slowly.

"come on, baby. i'll pull over." he eases the car to a stop on the side of a forest and stops the engine. as jimin sleeps quietly, yoongi puts down the car's two back seats and lays out fluffy blue blanket and an array of pillows across the floorboards.

seeing as jimin is still asleep, he quietly opens the door and unbuckled the younger's seatbelt. he hears jimin's erratic breathing and soon realizes he's having a nightmare.

"jimin, wake up." he says. jimin's eyes slowly open and he smiles weakly at the older. yoongi slowly picked him up an carried him bridal style to the back of the car.

|a/n; this is sort of semi-smut, i don't write full smut, so.|

he laid him down and covered them both in blankets. yoongi laid himself down and jimin soon snuggled his head comfortably into yoongi's chest.

"yoongi?" he asked. his warm breath was right by yoongi's ear, and the older could feel the prominent tightening in his pants. he tried to contain himself, keeping his breathing steady and gazing up, counting the stars to be distracted.

"yeah?" he said, his voice straining a bit as jimin's thigh rubbed against his. jimin leaned in to his ear and smiled as he nervously spoke the next words.

"i want you to touch me." that was all he needed to hear before he suddenly flipped over jimin and left soft kisses along his plump lips and jawline. he could feel jimin's bulge against his and let out soft grunts.

the younger dug his hands into yoongi's hair and moaned quietly, biting his lip as yoongi began to suck on his neck roughly. he knew it would leave bruises, and he could already feel them forming as yoongi lightly bit sensitive skin near his collar bone.

and when all was said and done, when the pants and moans had stopped all together, they just laid there, wrapped in each other's arms, and that was all they really needed.