Amami x Reader

(I'm gonna expose my cute school au Amami and you know if you're like me you can just replace (y/n) with Ouma or Saihara haha. !!Also angst warning!!

How typical of you late for school on the first day. You were honestly on the verge of tears. You started to run towards the entrance when suddenly you accidentally hit someone.
"Huh Amami!?" you yelled as your eyes sparkled at the very sight of the greenish blonde. You hadn't seen him in years or not since grade school at least.
He looked down to you and smiled brightly. "It's been a long time huh (y/n)?" He said suddenly hugging you tight. Your whole faced tinged a light pink.
Amami was your best friend in grade school, but his parents had moved them to another area at the start of middle school. You promised each other you'd stay in touch, but honestly you were too heartbroken to do it. You did get a letter from him, but never opened it out of fear it was something bad.
Amami pulled away and smiled down at you once more as you let go of him too. Oh god he was so tall now and not to mention handsome. You had no idea what to say next. He suddenly took your hand without an explanation.
"H-hey Amami-!" You said running with him.
"Shh- (y/n) we're already late for the entrance ceremony." He flashed a reassuring smile and lead you both there. Amami made sure you both got there unnoticed. You both sighed.
A million questions were going through your head like: "Was he blushing? Why was he back? How did he get so damn tall!?" You kept glancing at him momentarily as you were both lined up in the back. You guys were finally dismissed.
You walked next to the greenish blonde as you had started walking to your homeroom. Amami smiled down to you. "How have you been (y/n)?"
"Me-? U-um I've been fine you know. What about you Amami? It's really been forever.." You laughed.
"Well I couldn't be happier now that I get to see you everyday again." He smiled his absolute sweetest.
You had to look away to hide your blush. Amami stopped in the middle of the hall and pulled you aside.
"Hey (y/n)- would you maybe go on a date with me after school?" He smiled as a small blush appeared on his face.
You were excited. You never thought Amami would ask something like that, but then again you were also a blushing mess.
"O-of course I'd love to go out with you." You smiled despite how flustered you were.
-Time Skip-
After school, you found Amami waiting for you by the entrance. His face lit up as he saw you. "Oh (y/n)! Are you ready?"
You nodded. "Of course I am, but where exactly are we going?" You said as he reached for your hand. You blushed as you gently held it back.
"Mmm... I was thinking a cafe." He said looking to you. "Is that okay?"
Just as you were looking back to your long time best friend almost out of nowhere a massive truck had spiraled out of control and was heading toward the sidewalk. Just as you were about to be hit the tall boy pulled you out of the way as he suddenly was struck. Horror spread across your face. You didn't realize till a minute later you were screaming his name. You clung to his limp body as people gathered around. An ambulance had finally gotten to him as they wouldn't let you get on with him, because of his critical condition. You were freaking out. "F-finally he came back and this happens... Why him out of everyone? Why couldn't I save him?" You thought as you cried and ran to the hospital to check on him.
When you got there he was still in critical condition. Things just weren't looking up anymore. You shook in the waiting room hoping to hear from anyone. Your face was already tear stained as you heard a loud machine go off. "Amami please be okay..." you whispered as it suddenly stopped. You decided to peek in through the window. The tall boy you had fell for was in a coma and likely to never wake up.
-Time Skip-
Month's later you had finally decided to open the letter he sent you years ago. You needed some closure and maybe this would help.

My beloved (y/n)
You might hate me for moving away and that's okay for now. I probably shouldn't say this anyway, but I've noticed this since I left. I really hate not getting to see your smile everyday. I hate not getting to be by your side, so I promise you I'll work my absolute hardest to come back to you. I love you and I can't wait to say that in person.
Wait for me,
Rantaro.

You clung to the letter and cried. "I- I should've read it sooner... I wanted to say it back-! I love you Rantaro Amami..." you whispered. "I'll always be waiting..." you said as you smiled with with tears still forming in your eyes.

(Angst meh idk maybe I'll do another Oumami next or Amasai might be fun-)