Oumami Soulmate au Part 1

Laughter of many children who were running around was heard on the playground. Nothing unusual, especially on a hot summer day like this one.
Except for one child who sat all by himself in the sandbox, building a castle out of sand while he kept an eye on anyone who'd come near him.
The small boy didn't want anyone to be in here with him, since that would mean that he had to share his toys and then other kids would come too and sometime they'd push him out of the sandbox while playing with *his* small shovel and *his* bucket.
Adults always say 'sharing is caring' and that stupid stuff but little Ouma was stubborn in this case - no one touches his stuff except for himself. And if someone does then he'd be sure to get it back in an instant.
He was just in the middle of building his castle when he saw a pair of dirty grey shoes stopping in front of the sandbox. A small frown formed on the boys' face before he finally looked up from the ground.
Amami was a curious little boy. He'd always wander off and adventure on his own. It was honestly a miracle he never got kidnapped at this point. His nanny always bought him to different places and playgrounds of the sort. He found himself drawn to the sand box. He always liked looking at the castles in his picture books at home. He smiled sweetly and came over to admire the little sand structure. He wasn't bad at talking particularly, but he felt sort of weird about approaching the person
behind the castle. He looked over and smiled sweetly still. He blinked and was pretty confused when he opened his eyes again. "Hello.." The world was pretty and he had heard about colors but had never been able to see them until now for whatever reason. He was a bit taken aback. "I like you're sand castle!"
Slowly, Ouma's gaze wandered upwards. He noticed, that the patches of the usually monochrome world turned into something...different.
The feeling in the small body was indescribable. It was something completely new and overwhelming - even a little bit too much for Ouma who seemed clearly confused with what was happening.
"...huh." That was the only thing that Ouma could get out right now.
After all - his whole world just completely changed before his very eyes.
Once again, he directed his eyes on the other boy with...what was this colours' name? He didn't know. Only 'grey', 'black' or 'white' was familiar to him, that's what has always been normal to him. But now?
"Uh...it's mine!" He quickly said and bent over his castle, trying to protect it but ruining the top of the small structure in the process, the sand trickling down onto the ground again.
Amami looked back at him confused too at first. The colors were overtaking him. The other boy's hair was dark, but it wasn't completely black. His eyes were bright, but nowhere near as plain as white. Amami kneeled down and tried to fix the the top. "Oh.. Well you knocked the top off you know..?" He looked back over and watched to see what the over might do. "Oh-! My name is Rantaro and I'm an adventurer." He smiled proudly as he thought that was the coolest thing to say. "What's your name?" He said still smiling as brightly as ever. He would have to tell his nanny to come back here again.
Just what was this guy thinking?! He couldn't just come here and touch something that wasn't his! That was not fair at all.
"I have a friend who's suuuper strong and he could punch you if I ask him to!" Ouma whined, his cheeks puffed up as he noticed that his lie didn't come over as credible as he wished to.
But now even the smaller boy couldn't hide his curiosity anymore.
"You're an adventurer? Wait, you're not lying...right?" He asked, his voice wary and doubting as he tilted his head and looked at the other boy whose name appeared to be Rantaro.
"I'll tell you my name if you make me believe that you're not lying!"
Amami looked back over to Ouma after fixing the top. He definitely wasn't lying, to him at least. "I am an adventurer- I get to see all kinds of new things and if I get lost than my nanny comes to find me. I've seen a whole bunch of things! I've ran away from monsters and all kinds of stuff!" He smiled and honestly to Amami all of that was real. His imagination was quite wild to say the least. Luckily he'd grow out of this phase eventually. "Now you have to tell me your name- You said so."
The more Rantaro told him about his adventures, the more Kokichi's eyes seemed to sparkle with curiosity and fascination.
He couldn't deny it but he was really drawn in by the other one's stories so that he just ended up listening carefully and completely forgetting about his castle - which still looked quite damaged from his previous action to 'protect' it from the other lad.
"Woooow, so you're like a real adventurer?" Kokichi said, clearly impressed, his prior distrust seemed to have completely vanished.
"Okay, fine. I'm Kokichi." He did promise him his name, after all. And even if he would've just ignored something like this - since Ouma was quite a stubborn and wary child - Rantaro was so open and genuine that he just seemed to have opened up as well. At least just a little bit.
Amami was so proud that the other believed him. In his own little imagination he could see them already going on their own adventures together. He couldn't stop smiling from excitement. "I like your name a bunch- Ko- Ki- Chi-" he sounded it out and looked at him. "Do you want to be my friend? If you say yes then we can go on adventures together too!" He threw his hands up, as he was literally beaming with anticipation. He really wanted this boy he had just met to be his friend and there was pretty much no way Amami was taking no for an answer.