Take my hand

We left the town. We left behind everything. I even prepared all the school transfer for my kids. I can't help but beat myself over and over again. They had their life and friends there yet I took it all away from them.

Will my kids miss Sam? Will he miss them? He was the only constant male figure in their life for them and a loyal friend for me. No, he was more than that.. He was like a brother to me. A family yet i had to leave since I know he is first and foremost the beta of his pack.

the fact remains that we were targeted by someone and the wolves pack had graciously offer their help and i turn them down by running away. I knew they could easily track us down with their beastly nose.. Animal have heightened sense of smell, that's how they track their preys after all. Thank god, the weather is on our side. It's been raining non stop. even with their supernatural nose, it'll be impossible for them to find us. I hope.

"I didn't know we have another house."Ray said, dropping his bag pack and looking around the new house. It was a simple and small house, another present i 'got' among others in case we need to run. It was enough for the three of us and I know they will love it in no time. I have an acquaintance here and he had help me to acquire this house for me.

"It's a gift from a friend."
"Wow. A gift?? Heck, when my friend give a gift they give me a pen or notepad. But a house?"
"Rich friend. I help him and he feel like he need to give something to me."I shrugs.

Ray grins. "Is it another one of your fans?"
I raised my eyebrow. since when I have fans? I shook my head.
"Pack your stuff. I'm going out. I have put barriers around this place. don't leave. stay low. ANything happens, you know what to do."
Ray's smile and nodded. Maya sigh and went upstairs lazily.
"Do you guys need anything?"
"Starbucks. IF they have it here."Maya shout from the upstairs.
"Sure. and how about you, sun shine?"
"Internet. like now"
"I already had it done earlier this morning."

Ray pump his fist and jump, excited to hear it. I can't help but feel like boy are easier to deal with than girl.

"You rock, mom"
"I know. I know. You sure you don't want anything?"
"How about lasagna for dinner tonight?" He gave me his puppy eyes. I pat his head and mess his hair up.
"Sure kiddo."

I left them with a thick barrier around the whole area of the house. Time to pay a visit to this acquaintance.

*******************************

the large city hall was kinda big and welcoming as it is any other City hall i've ever seen.

"Can I help you?"Ask the beautiful blonde girl on the front desk with a professional mode on. I smile and lean forward. Her amber eyes quite pretty too.
"I'm here to meet the Mayor Michael James."
"Do you have appointment with him?"
"Yes. You can check my name through your list. I'm Gabriella Evaine Alexia. Call me Gea."

The blonde woman had her hand ready on the computer keyboard but it stop midway when she heard my name. She look at me then glance away. Her finger punch few buttons on the phone.

"Michael. She's here."it was short and really it intrigues me. She stand up straight and look at the other receptionist.
"Switch with me. I'll bring her to the Mayor office." She walk around the desk and show me the way, without another word.

It seems I'm out of place with my navy blue skin tight jeans, red top and black leather jacket, pair with combat boot. We earn few whispers and glances along the way, but both of us ignore it. She knock few times on a mahogany double door before opening and entering it, whisking us in.

A tall man, in his early forty stood behind the desk, staring outside his large window. I wonder what's playing in his mind. He turn around and smile. Time was too lenient on him. He was still the same handsome and easy going man like before.