4 ~ Only the Beginning

"You want to know how I met Sans and Papyrus?"

Looking up at Asgore's furry face, you nod. You're holding your notebook and pencil.

"Hm. Well, let's see. Papyrus, I had not met personally until the Barrier was broken. But Sans... let's see..."

Asgore paused a moment, thinking. This is a little surprising. You had expected that he wouldn't have met either of the brothers until the Barrier was broken. But apparently not?

Very surprising indeed.

"Ah!" Asgore smiles. "I remember. It was right after the fourth Soul had fallen into the Underground. Sans had--" he cuts himself off suddenly, hesitating. Then he shakes his head. "Well, I suppose you already know. You would have had to pass by him to get to me, right? Yes, Sans had fought the fourth human to fall into the Underground. I did not actually meet him then, really, he passed out immediately after. But later, I went to see him about offering him the position as Judge, which, as I'm sure you saw, he accepted."

You scribble a few notes into you notebook.

•S fought 4th
•A.D gave S job

And then you realize something. Asgore had been hesitant to tell you this.

"Wait," you ask, "was no one supposed to know about this?"

Asgore nods a little, sheepishly. "When I offered him the position, his only condition was that I not tell anyone. Really, I do not think anyone actually knows about it, but you and me."

"Not even Papyrus?"

Asgore shakes his head. "He specifically did not want Papyrus to know."

You frown a little, and write that in your notebook.

•S's job secret to P. Why?

But, having asked Asgore your question, you head home to consult again with your sidekick-detective.

Flowey still disapproves the idea of investigating like this, but he seems okay with just talking things over with you.

You show him all your notes.

•S scares F Something happened?
•F says S can "do things he shouldn't be able to"
•A found S unconscious, hurt in Watfall. S thought he knew A, and last RS? Delusion?
•S fought 4th
•A.D gave S job
•S's job secret to P. Why?

"A.D?" He asks.

"Because I was already using A for Alphys. So A.D is Asgore Dreemur."

"Hm. What's the '4th' and 'job'?"

"The fourth human to fall, and Sans' job as Judge."

Flowey thinks it over for a moment. Then, "Well. You still haven't found out anything, really. So it's not too late to quit."

You give him a look.

"Aaaaand you're not going to take my advice, are you?"

"Nope."

He sighs.

"Anyway. We need to get more information. The shopkeeper rabbit says they just kinda showed up in town, and nobody else really knows where they came from. Maybe... Maybe I should just ask Sans?"

"What?!" Flowey screeches. "Are you INSANE?! He'd KILL you!"

"I doubt that."

"Frisk. Listen to me. Do. Not. Do. It."