78 ~ Sympathy and Pity

"Well what's your problem?"

Nine minutes you've been sitting here, on your bed, blanket clutches tightly about your shoulders, over your head. Nine minutes you've been waiting for that inevitable attack, Gaster coming in to strike you down, stop the genocide you weren't going to commit-

Nine minutes and the entire time, Flowey has been giving you that what-the-heck-Frisk look.

Nine minutes you sat there, and he just stared at you, and now he's finally spoken up.

You don't really look at him. You're too nervous to keep your eyes in one place for long.

"Well?" He irritably prompts again on at first eliciting no response from you.

It takes you a long time to respond, and when you do, your voice is quiet and shaky. "... He kicked me out-..."

Flowey's irritated expression gains a touch of confusion.

"Of the lab," you clarify, "Gaster kicked- teleported- me out of the lab- locked the door, too."

Flowey just scoffs. "Well no duh! You were asking a man who knows you've committed genocide how to kill him. It's pretty stupid of you to think he would trust you."

You still don't quite look at Flowey, keeping your eyes on- well, trying to keep them on everything, all your surroundings. "He-... also took my fauchard-"

"Doesn't particularly surprise me-"

"-out of my inventory-."

That seems to get to Flowey. "W-what...?"

You just nod.

"How? That's not- not possible! You can't take things from other people's inventories!" You see the golden flower shake his head in your peripheral vision. Then he sighs. "Can't you just, I dunno, reset?"

You shake your head, careful to not dislodge your blanket-hood. "Gaster says resets don't affect him. 'Cuz he's all Voidy."

Flowey blinks. "Frisk-... I told you not to mess with that smiley trashbag...!"

Now you do look at Flowey, a sidelong glance before your eyes flit nervously back to the door. "You said that about Sans. Not Gaster."

"He's a smiley trashbag, too! He's Smiley Trashbag Senior! The warning obviously extends to him, too! You're gonna get us killed!"

"Us? What do you have to do with it?"

"If you can't stop him with your- your goody two-shoes schtick, what chance do I have of survival? He's gonna kill me!"

You can't help it; your muscles jerk as you suddenly cringe, a memory surfacing unasked for in our mind.

Flowey frowns. "What was that for?"

You look at him, but decide not to tell him that Gaster wanted to kill him anyway- under the guise of a mercy.

Nonetheless, you still remember that conversation, and it only serves to make you clutch your blanket all the tighter about you. Gaster-...

He's admitted to killing. In the war. You-... you can, for however scared of him it makes you, excuse that. But-... he would kill and call it a mercy?

You try, unsuccessfully, to shrink back into your mattress.

Flowey just gives you a Look.

Then, "Look, Frisk, you need to fix this. Sans is your... friend, right? And he's Smiley Trashbag Junior. So just... go talk to him, and get him to smooth things over. Because if something happens to you, then I'm doomed."