A/N - What I Think is Going to Happen

Hello, everyone! It's been a long time, huh? Almost a year. How's everyone been since I was gone? Good? Good.

Right. Now that we've gotten the pleasantries out of the way, I have a couple very important things I'd like to talk about. And yes, one of those things is, in fact, the future of this story.

But first, I'd like to share a little bit of information, a lesson I have no doubt that some of you will find extraordinarily helpful and will most definitely help you to better your quality of life and better your ability to navigate the challenges you face daily. And that lesson is: the difference between future and past tense.

You see, when someone says they will do something, it means it has not, in fact, been done yet, but will be done in the future. For example, if Sans says, "I will build a machine to save my father from the Void," that means the machine isn't just magically already built, ready to be used. It means that, sometime that is not right now, the machine is built and ready to use, but that's not just yet. It hasn't happened yet, because it was said in the future tense.

Now, once the machine has been built, Sans might say something like, "I did build a machine to save my father from the Void." Note the past tense did rather than the future tense will. This indicates that the machine has already been built, in the past, and is now ready to use.

For those of you that are still confused, allow me to give you another example. When I say that I will finish this story, as I still intend to do so, that means the story, as of my making that statement, is not yet completed, but will be completed at some point in the future. Thus, statements such as "Mouse said 'I will finish this story,' but I guess she was lying because it doesn't look done to me!" are the product of an extreme ignorance, as I did say, in the future tense, that I will finish this story in the future, while these comments seem to suggest that it should have already happened, in the past.

Additionally, I never specified a deadline for the point at which the story would be finished, so any comment along the lines of "Well, it's been a year, so why aren't you done yet," are also totally invalid. For all I'm concerned, I can spend as long as I want to produce the fan fiction that I write, for me, and share with you one hundred percent without charge, for you to enjoy, absolutely free. And if that means that I will finish the story, but not for another month, another year, not for a decade, then your two options are to either be okay with that, or to take your accusatory comments elsewhere.

So if you're one of the people who left a comment similar to this one, or else is unhappy about the fact that I am determined to provide you with free content of the highest quality I am capable, albeit at my own pace, you may want to stop and consider what exactly in your life has led up to this moment in which you are acting like a bratty little eleven year old, and what you might do to fix that problem.

Alright, so now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's talk about what everyone wants to know about, I'm sure: the future of this book. And let me begin by saying this: I still do absolutely intend to finish this story, though maybe just not in the way I originally planned. I've been looking over what I've written so far, and suffice to say, beginning this book without a complete plot line, and making stuff up as I went was a bad idea. There are a lot of problems and a lot of loose ends I didn't foresee, and I'm not a hundred percent sure how to take care of them.

Additionally, if I'm being perfectly honest, I... don't really want to write this book, or even Undertale fan fiction anymore. Every time I've sat down and tried to write this, it's been an agonizing chore; the descriptions fall flat, the characters run the wrong way, and I'm tired of trying to write something I clearly don't want to.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Undertale, and I think fondly of the two years spent in the fandom. I'm proud of what I've written. But I've grown, I've changed, and my interests have moved elsewhere. I'm ready to pack this up, set it aside, and get on to other stories.

So I'm sure that leaves you wondering, what will become of this book?

Well, like I said, I do still intend to finish it, but I'm probably not going to write out the twenty some odd chapters left it was shaping up to be. There are too many problems, too many things I'd have to change, too many unplanned for variables, and writing this being the chore it's become, I'm not really finding it in myself to go back and fix them. So instead, what I think I'm going to do is just write out a summary of what was going to happen. That way, you don't have to be left in the dark, wondering what would've happened, and I don't have to pull teeth trying to force it to work out.

It might be a couple weeks yet before I publish the summary, but you should see it in just a few weeks. Probably no more than a month, at most.

Anyway. Thank you so much for reading, and thanks more for sticking around this long. I'll see you all soon, when it's time to finish this.

~o0o~
ANinnyMouse42