25 ~ If It Works

Sans immediately scrambles to the timeline monitor. Sure enough, there are several messages from Dr. Gaster, shouting at Sans to get over there. It doesn't look like he's gotten to the point yet, though, where he's threatening to drag himself from the Void to murder Sans.

Sans sits at the keyboard and starts typing.

>C:/TL_MONITOR: i'm here, i'm here!

>VOID: good.

>VOID: then you can explain to me just what you think you're doing.

>C:/TL_MONITOR: trying to build the machine and save you.

>VOID: then care to tell me why there are suddenly bits and pieces of machinery and papers and floor tiles everywhere here?

>VOID: or why i could feel myself being dragged deeper in, being erased further?

>C:/TL_MONITOR: uhh

>C:/TL_MONITOR: we started up the machine and the fold was unstable. it opened another hole, just like last time.

You can practically sense Undyne, Alphys, and Papyrus's confusion, so you tell them what happened. "That's why I told you not to start it up, Alphys.

>VOID: oh, so, in short, what youre saying is you screwed up my plans.

>C:/TL_MONITOR: what?! no!

>VOID: yup. the plans I gave you were practically quadruple checked, sans.

>VOID: i spent eternities maknig them.

>VOID: they were foolproof.

>VOID: and ya screwed it up, sans.

You can tell Dr. Gaster is joking. It's what he does. And he's good at it, too. Even after Sans came over to the monitor, you could tell he was still shaky from the last few resets. But Dr. Gaster has efficiently distracted Sans.

>C:/TL_MONITOR: pff, g, i think you made a mistake.

>VOID: me?

>VOID: not a chance.

>VOID: this is definitely all on you, sans.

Sans seems to realize that he's not gonna get any other sort of response from Dr. Gaster, so he moves on.

>C:/TL_MONITOR: well regardless of who's fault it is, what do we do to fix it?

>VOID: well...

>VOID: lets see...

>VOID: you could

And then there's a long silence, with no communication. It's not uncommon for Dr. Gaster to lose contact for a moment or two as he's overcome by the pain of interacting with the world, but that's always been accompanied by strings of gibberish text as he struggles to recover. And he's always left of his own violation, always said goodbye before leaving, never just gone silent before.

Sans seems to be getting concerned, too.

>C:/TL_MONITOR: are you still there?

The response is slow in coming.

>VOID: ... yes.

>C:/TL_MONITOR: are you ok?

>C:/TL_MONITOR: i mean, as much as you can be?

>VOID: ... yes.

>C:/TL_MONITOR: so what's the holdup?