18. I Finally Got A Sister

Chapter 18. I Finally Got A Sister.

*Fawn P.O.V*

Dear Fawn,

My baby girl. I'm writing this letter now, you're only ten. All I can say is, its been ten very long years since I have physically seen your beautiful face.

There are so many things that I still had to say to you. So many memories I wanted to make. I wanted to watch my baby girl grow up.

But then you were ripped away senselessly, torn apart violently from me before I could make any of these things happen. The day your father took you and left was heartbreaking.

Day after day is intense sadness and overwhelming emptiness for me. Its like a violent surgery from within, without anesthetic. You were my baby girl, then you were taken away from me.

I know you're only ten and you don't understand any of this, but I imagine you'll keep this letter and read it when you're older.

I'm going to explain what happened to you. I wanted a divorce, you're father became violent and I had to get away. Getting a divorce meant fighting for custody of you and Fletcher.

You're father knew he would have lost if he even tried. I woke up one morning and his stuff was packed and he wasn't there. When I went to check on you, you were gone.

I have recently learned that he moved back and you are with him, so if you ever find this letter I want you to know I love you baby girl, I always have.

I love you Fawn,

                          Mommy.

I wear the charm bracelet mom wanted me to have. I look around my now empty room, its so bare now. My two big suit cases are stuffed with clothing and basically everything of mine.

Moms letter is in the suit case along with the other one I haven't read yet. I came home last night at 10:30pm. So I got some sleep, its now 11:00am.

I still look like a piece of shit too, there's dark bags underneath my eyes and my skin is so pale. After dragging both suit cases downstairs, I wait for dad to come down.

"What are you doing?" He asks in a grumpy voice. My hands on the suit case handles tighten.

"I'm leaving, I'm moving with mom." I state firmly not backing down. Mom doesn't know yet but I have a feeling she'll take me.

"No you're no--" I put my hand up, cutting him off. If this was any other time then I'd be scared shitless.

I put my arm back down a.d fix my sling. Doctor said he wanted to be extra careful and that it would help with healing.

"Dad I'm keeping the secret for you, now let me go." I say, not missing a heart beat.

I'll be free

I say my last good bye to my dad and leave. Rolling the suit cases down the road. Warm tears slip down my face and I begin to hiccup. It feels like someone's stabbing my heart and choking me.

It feels like something inside is dying. And if you're wondering how I'm rolling both suit cases, well ones connected onto the back of the other so, BAM.

I still have tears falling down my cheeks as I stand in front of the door. I knock and step back, I hold back a hiccup when the door cracks open to reveal Fletcher.

He glances at my crying face to my suit cases "Fletcher." I choke.

"Mom!!" He yells, I hear running and soon she appears in the door way.