19. Its Just A Show

Chapter 19. Its Just a Show.

*Fawn P.O.V*

I look at him "My mom and dad are back." He says with a sigh. He runs a hand through his black hair, his sea green eyes filled with overwhelming sadness.

I grab a blue pillow and cuddle into it while I let Derek finish. I've never really heard much about his parents, so its quite the shock that he's telling me.

"My parents left five years ago, before the accident happened." He starts, I move around to get comfy when he hooks his arm around my waist, pulling me into him.

He looked down at me and gave me that half smile that caused my heart to skip a beat. Its been five months that I've known this incredible boy.

"I was never anyone's favourite, until now." He says, me pulse picks up when he leans his face closer to mine.

Quickly closing the distance he cups my face in his large hands and places his lips on mine.

At first I just sat there, utterly shocked but after mentally beating the shit out of myself, I kiss him back.

I soon feel my lips move against his and I cant help the small smile that forms on my face as I kiss him.

After a minute he pulls away to breathe, he sets his forehead on mine and just looks at me, taking in my face.

"Wow." He breathes out, his minty breath fanning across my face.

I frown a bit "What?" I whisper, I can feel a blush creeping onto my face as I stare at him.

My heart beat doesn't seem to slow, and it might be from the close proximity. But who knows?

"You're just---Wow" His eyes fill with happiness, now replacing the sadness. He smiles his bright smile.

I watch as he smacks himself in the forehead "I have to tell you the rest of the story." I let out a full round of laughter.

"My parents didn't come back when they found out about April and the accident. They blame me for the whole accident, so I told them where they can shove their comments." He begins again, running a hand through his hair.

He really is handsome

He lets out a sarcastic laugh "You wanna know the funny thing? They haven't talked to me in five years, they get Drew or Dustin to repeat what they said. They already hated me before the accident." He pauses and breathes in deeply, I watch as he tries to control his emotions.

"They never liked me, I was never the good son. Even though I played sports and had good enough grades but still, I was never good enough." He says, I can hear the sadness seeping back into his tone.

"Hey, how about we go back inside." I suggest, sitting up.

All he does is nod and begin to climb down the latter, when he's finally down, I start. Halfway down I hear him shout "Jump, I'll catch you." I let go of the sides and fall into Derek's arms.

I feel him bring me close as he twirls me around, right now he holds me in bridal position. So my hair drapes over his arms a bit. A smile slips on my face.

He sets me down and grabs my hand in his. He swings our hands slightly back and forth as we make our way to my new home. He slides the back door open and the first thing I hear is sobbing.

I raise my eyebrows just as he does the same. What the fudge? the only other people here is Fletcher, and I don't think he cries.

I walk slowly through the kitchen and make a turn. I walk down the hall that leads to the living room.