23. Turn Around

Chapter 23. Turn Around.

*Fawn P.O.V*

I walk outside and wait for a taxi to pick me up from the airport. I did the usual, get up, go to school and come here.

My heart breaks a little when I remember promising myself that this would be the last time I'm come here. I have to let go, I have to forget him.

Fifteen minutes later the cab pulls into my drive way, after paying the guy I drag myself inside, my shoulders slumped and my eyes directed to the floor, I don't need anyone to see how upset I am.

"Fawn." I hear April call my name from upstairs, I let out a sigh before walking up the stairs, ever so slowly.

It feels like all of my energy has been sucked out, I just hope that this doesn't last forever, the whole heart break thing isn't doing me any good.

I peak into my bedroom, I'm pretty sure this is where I heard her voice. I stumble forward, almost going face first into the hard wood floor.

That would have hurt

I hear April giggle and slam the door behind me, I hear the lock snap, indicating she locked me in. So first she shoves me into my room, causing me to almost wipe out and now she locked me in?

Great friend

I stand up, brushing off my knees, I turn and face the door, glaring "Let me out." I scream.

That's when I start attacking, I punch the door causing it to dent and my hand slightly sting, but I can barely feel it. I kick the door hard, but that does nothing.

"Open The fucking door, or I'll ruin you." I scream, fury clouding my senses.

I hear her laugh "Nope, I want free Ice cream." She says. I stop beating the door, confused on what she was talking about, but I cant reply because my breath catches in my throat.

"Bambi?"

I stop everything and that includes breathing, then again, what is breathing?

My body is tense and I stay frozen in my spot, scared that if I move, everything will leave. My breathing comes back but it comes out heavy, my chest rising high before falling hard.

I'm going crazy

"Turn around."

I listen, turning my body around, my gaze stays on the floor. In total honesty, I'm afraid, I'm afraid that what I see, will break me all over again.

And I cant have that, not again, not ever, because being broken hurts, everything changes. You give up on things you never would have even thought about giving up.

I brace myself and force my eyes to flicker up, taking him in. His black hair is a little longer, but it looks good on him, his sea green eyes are dull.

I can see the pain inside them, but the regret over takes it all and that's what makes me shocked. My eyes continue to scan his body, he looks…older. His usual slightly tan skin is pale like a sickly pale.

I clear my throat, snapping myself out of whatever I was in. I give a small head nod while saying the word I thought I never would again.

"Derek."

His eyes flicker to mine, and we just stand there staring at each other before he finally looks away. I look down and notice the distance between us, there's to much.

And I hate it

"How've you been?" He whispers, looking directly at me. I close my eyes, the tears already spilling out, I slide myself down the door while sobbing, thinking about all of the pain I went through this last month.