21. Heart Break Hurts

Chapter 21. Heart Break Hurts.

*Fawn P.O.V*

April's nice, a day after she woke up, she asked for me. Apparently Drew and Dustin told her all about me. She wore a smile and the first thing she said was "So, you're the girl my brother fell in love with."

Tears brimmed my eyes when she said that, there's no possible way Derek fell in love with me, if he did, he wouldn't have left.

"I'm April." She introduced herself. She had a bright smile on her face, for someone who just woke up from a coma yesterday and flat lined she looks perfectly normal.

Derek is gone, its now been a month since he left and I cant function right. He said he didn't want to be here for when his sister died. Only thing is, she didn't.

"I know." I replied, I remember being nervous with her. She was Derek's sister who lost her boyfriend in a car accident. Her kids have to grow up without a dad and for that year, Jamie and Quinn had to grow up without a mother.

April and Joshua (Josh) Were going to get married, but i guess that could never happen.

Derek said he needed to leave, he needed space and that he was sorry. He didn't want to hurt me, he wanted to keep me safe. He even wrote me that sappy letter, that I read every night.

I remember leaving the hospital when Quinn and Jamie came in. All I can truly picture and remember perfectly was Jamie, and him crying while screaming "Mommy."

I sit here in these blue seats in the airport. I just sit here and think, I mean that's what I did for the whole month.

I sit here and think, where did I go wrong? I think about my first encounter with Derek.

"Sorry." The black haired, sea green eyed boy says, a smirk on his lips.

"Are you always Deleterious?" I snap.

"Deleterious?" The boy asks with a questioning look.

"Yeah, Deleterious, harmful, destructive, do I have to go on?" I snap at him once again.

{}{}{}{}{}

"I'm Derek." He begins with a smirk still gracing his perfect face.

"That's my brother Dustin and you already know Fletcher." He says with a chuckle.

I go to punch him only for Fletcher to grab my arm, stopping me.

"Looks like your bro got my back, Bambi." Derek says snickering.

"Did you just call me Bambi?" I question, my voice tight with anger.

"Yes I did, Bambi." He says, watching my reaction.

Why are guys so charming yet stupid at the same time? Its not fair. I know life isn't fair, but still.

Ugh

Tears slide down my face and for the first time since Derek left, I actually let some tears fall. If I let all of them, than I'd drown in my tears.

I miss him so damn much. My heart ached for him and his touch, I never knew I could miss someone so much.

One thing that truly made me fall hard for him was his stupidly dorky pick up lines.

"You're like a candy bar, half sweet, half nutts."

"If you were a transformer you'd be optimus Fine."

"Baby is you're last name google? Cuz your everything I'm searching for."

"Your last name should be Campbell's because you're lookin' mmmm... good."

"Do you know what my shirt's made out of? Boyfriend material."

"Baby you're like a dictionary, you add meaning to my life."

God damn, him and his stupid pick up lines. You never know how much you miss a person until they just leave and than everything about them you miss.

I miss seeing the happiness in his eyes whenever I would walk with him to class.

I miss seeing the smirk he'd wear when he was either right or getting cocky.

Most of all though, I miss him calling me Bambi, the thing that started it all.

I leave the airport and go home, my usual routine. Wake up, get dressed, eat, go to school, leave school, go to airport, sit around for a few hours, go home and repeat the next day.

I walk quietly into the house, mom doesn't really understand whats going on and I think that's whats best.

I love her and all but I just don't want to talk about it. Because, I'm afraid if I do, I'll lose control, and I cant have that happen.

*_*_*_*_*_*

Authors note: I'm extremely sorry its short, I've been busy and stuff, Well hello there, hows it going?

Fawn: Terribly

Noah: *Hugs fawn* It will get better

Fawn: I don't think it will

Dustin: I'm always gonna be here for ya little sis

Fawn: *Deadpans*  I'm older than you

Dustin: Yeah, well I'm taller than you so, ha

Fletcher:  *Looks at Dustin* Dude, you're a loser

Dustin: I'm a loser with an idiot brother

Drew: Heyy!!!!

Dustin: Not you smart one, the other one

Drew: Oh

Dustin: Yeah, oh. Now go on and watch your soap oprah's

Drew: I hate you

Dustin: No you don't

Fawn: I'm just going up to my room

Noah: Okay, I'll talk to you later.

Everyone: *Watches and waits till she leaves

Dustin: We need a plan

Fletcher: To get Derek back?

Noah: Its impossible

Drew: I have an Idea

Dustin: *Looks at drew* April

Drew: *Nods* April

Author: Sleep?

Author: *Nods* Sleep

All rights reserved. Copyright © Jamie-Dawn Jordan.

Vote/Comment

~James