Chapter 18: Stupidly in Love

{Chapter 18: Stupidly in Love}

(slight sexual content but nothing crazy ya know~)

[Author's POV]

MinJi helps Jungkook into their dorm, his body leaning onto hers for support as she grunts while closing the door behind them. She can hear his heavy breathing, and she can feel her chest ache knowing that he's hurting because of her- believing that she was the cause of it all.

The two walk down the hall, Jungkook's limp loud as she continues to help him through her door and into her room. He collapses onto the bed, sighing and wincing at the same time. He had a slight concussion, a twisted angle, cuts upon cuts marked across his body, major bruises on his leg, and similar bruises on his rib cage and chin. The medicine that they had given him at the hospital to hold off his pain is wearing out, and he can surely feel every fiber of his being screaming in agony.

MinJi bites at her bottom lip, her hands shaky as she sets down his prescription onto her desk. She knows this could have been avoided, and she believes that if she just sucked it up then he wouldn't have ran to her aid like that.

She blinks for a moment as she registers something. How did Jungkook know? He was off doing something on his own, so how did he know where she was or what she was doing?

She sighs when she remembers the call she had with her father. He probably had spoken to Jungkook afterwards, and he probably made the situation seem worse than it actually was.

"He's so over dramatic", she whispers bitterly to herself and her thoughts are interrupted when she hears a whimper from where Jungkook lies. She shakes her head to get rid of what she had been thinking of and quickly walks over to him, worriedly look at his closed eyes, rigged body, and clenched fist. "Jungkook, do you need help-"

"I'm fine", he breathes out, wincing at his own voice and breath. Breathing seems to hurt him too. "I'll be fine... I just need some rest... and your special cuddles..."

She sighs at this. "Jungkook you can hardly breathe without crying out. How-"

"Shhhhh", he says to hush her and she purses her lips. "Talking too much... in too much pain- need kisses..."

MinJi's purse of her lips grow into a smile, and she laughs softly as she leans forward with his lips puckered playfully in anticipation. She pecks his lips, and he smiles as her lips come into contact with his. She moves her hand to his jaw as she leans away when he winces, his hand moving in lightening speed as he grips onto her hand tightly to remove her touch from his face.

"That", he breathes out shakily, "really hurt."

She takes her other hand and places it over his, her guilt growing as she looks at Jungkook's pained expression. She rubs circles onto his hand and sits beside his lying form, kissing his knuckles gently while looking into eyes. "Please don't ever do something like this ever again Jungkook- especially not for me."

He rolls his eyes and winces as he sits up, groaning a bit as MinJi helps him. "That's such bullshit. I'm-"

"Just a human being and not some sort of superhero", MinJi interrupts and he rolls his eyes again. She shakes her head. "But seriously Jungkook, don't ever put yourself in danger like that-"

"Don't you even appreciate what I did for you", Jungkook bites back bitterly. "I sped over here because I was worried about you- because I love you so much-"

"Jungkook". It's MinJi's turn to interrupt. "I really appreciate it so much! It's just... I don't like seeing you hurt, and it's my fault that you're like this and-"