Fun That's Not In The Bed

Wendy's POV

Jamie invited us girls to the rides at Santa Monica Pier, a really nice pier and beach in California.

We're gonna go after school. Ooh I can't wait. Jamie's gonna be our little tour guide and leader through the pier. It'll be fun.

Jamie and I came late (obviously you know why) and we walked into woodshop together. Her arm was around me and she held me close. I sat next to her front row this time. It was only right.

At break we met up with everybody else. I'm shocked that they didn't ask why we barely came now, but they probably already had a clue.

I actually never knew, but Jamie is a junior (11th grade). That explains why whenever I go to her home, there's no parents or siblings. She lives alone.

I also never had the chance to learn if Jamie actually listens to Kpop, most especially red velvet.

"Yes I do," she answered when I asked.

"Oh, you do?" I asked with a smile.

"Yup."

Ooh, my babe is a Reveluv.

"It's the reason I stared at you on your first day."

My heart fluttered. I fell in love with a fan, and it's the greatest feeling ever.

"I love you," I said. It was true.

"I love you too."

After school, 5:30 pm

Finally. Time for the pier fun.

When we got there, I was confused and surprised. It was empty. The only other people there were the workers.

"Hm, why is it empty?" I asked.

Jamie smiled and looked at me.

"I rented the pier just for us," she revealed.

My mouth dropped open in shock. I was doing that DERP face most reveluvs tease me about.

Actually everyone in red velvet had my DERP face.

Everyone ran inside and looked at the booths and rides.

We first all got on the Ferris wheel. Jamie and I were in one seat, Joy and Yeri were in the seat in front of us and Irene and Seulgi were in the seat above us. Each seat car on the Ferris wheel has two bench seats, meaning 4 can fit. Hope that makes it easier for you to picture.

Jamie held my hand as the Ferris wheel began to move. I smiled at her and rested my head on her shoulder. She was wearing her Thrasher hoodie, which was very soft and comfortable unlike most sweaters. Her shoulder was like a pillow because of that sweater. It was so nice and peaceful.

As soon as we got all the way to the top, Jamie began to tease me by scaring me. She stood up (which was definitely not allowed). Joy and Yeri kept screaming with fear and asking her to sit down, and of course Jamie sat down laughing. If someone were to stand on a Ferris wheel, that person would most likely fall and get severely injured.

Jamie is so scary at times, but for some reason it makes me want her more.

Next we got on The Dragon. Basically you sit in a boat in the shape of a dragon and the ride will go back and forth like a windshield wiper, only faster.

Ok, I felt like I was gonna hurl. Then it felt like my ears were going to come off, or was it my stomach. Jamie held me tight to ease the chills, but it was hard to feel anything.