Chapter One: Memories and Nightmares

She is walking by the beach holding hands with a man walking beside her. He then sways their hands like a child. She laughs then he laughs too. She looks at him and he looks back lovingly. She can feel the warmth that his hand gives her despite the coldness that the little waves under her feet give.

He stops from walking as well as she is. He faced her, lifting his hand maybe to cup her cheek. When she is about to feel his hand, she chose to close her eyes to feel his warmth more.

But then, the touch never reached her, and the next thing that she can feel is like she’s suffocating. She opened her eyes panicky and to her terror, she realized that she’s now under sea water. Waves are then pushing her down wildly; drowning her. She gasped but all she just got is the sea water enter her system. She tries to push herself upward but the sea seems to saps all her strength.

Another wave hits her, much larger than before, and then she feels her hitting her head on a boulder. She knows that she can’t do anything, she wanted to give up but she can feels something inside her that she must not.

But then, she can’t do anything. So she decided to close her eyes and let the waves finally wins but before she fully lost her consciousness, she felt a firm hold on her wrist.

“Baby..” a gentle whisper wakes her up. She slightly moves from the sweet voice. She felt a hand touching her face, soothing her.

The hand started to lift from her face, and she lingers on the small warmth that it gives. She lifts her hand to hold it and put it back on her face.

Finally, she opened her eyes knowing that the man lying beside her is staring at her with concern. She can feel the wetness on her temple, proof that she cried. He lifts his hand from her face and now kindly wiping her tears, he asked.

“baby, what’s wrong? Nightmares?”

The questioningly yet the loving gaze of her husband melts her heart. But still, she doesn’t have any strength or courage to tell him what her nightmare is. Although, she herself can’t clearly remembers about it.

She nods then scooted closely to him, resting her head on his chest. She felt an arm wraps around her shoulder. 

Then she felt secure again. She felt safe again.

“I’ll pick you up later, ok?” Matt told her.

They are now at the entrance gate of the company she is working at and like every day, he accompanies her every morning before he goes to his own work.

Sarah and Matteo are happily married for about 2 years now, living on a remote area somewhere in Laguna. They’re living on their own, though, they’re not that well-off, still they’re happy to have each other; because all they have is one another.

 She nods then kiss him on his cheek. She is about to turn her back on him when he suddenly grabs her waist and pulled her closed to him. He snickered on her little shriek; she eyed him.

He laughs a little. “You’re so cute when you blush.”

She can feel her face became warmer for she is sure that she is blushing furiously. She snapped realizing they’re indeed in a public area, where most of her co-workers enter. So before she scandalizes herself, she ‘untangled’ herself from his embrace.

“I told you not in public!” she whines then slaps his arm.

“Hahahaha. Sorry.”

“Hmp!” she grunts then looks away.

“hey.” She then feels the soft hands on her wrist. She looks back at him but stunned seeing how serious he is now. She raised an eyebrow but he continues.