Chapter Six: Coincidence and Familiarity

He opened his eyes slowly when he heard the little voice of his daughter. After adjusting his sight a little at the light, he then searched for his Grace. There she is, sitting on his bed pouting while holding the teddy bear.

He sat up but immediately held his head with both of his hands because of headaches.

Right, hangover.

“Are you alright dad?” he heard the worried tone of his daughter.

He looked up to her and there gone the pouting face and replaced by the worried one. He smiled for the sweetness of his daughter.

“I’m fine baby. By the way, what do you want?” he asked sweetly, trying his best not to cringe from the pain on his head.

“Hm. Yeah, It’s already 9 and all of them are playing in the pool area. Can we go?”

“Hmm? Uhh. Right. The team. Hmm. Sure, you can go. But remember that always stay beside ate Nilda, okay?”

“yes po daddy, but I want you to come with us. It’ll be no fun if you’re not coming.”

“I’ll follow, okay? I just have to freshen up a bit. Wait, have you eaten your breakfast?”

“Yes, with mommy.”

He blinked.

Then looked at his daughter confused.

“mommy?”

“Yes. Mommy. Mommy Sarah.” The little child answered while nodding.

He furrowed then tried to remember everything that happened yesterday.

Uh. Right, that Sarah.

But wait. Aren’t my eyes are just tricking me that she looks exactly like my Sarah?

Then he looked seriously at his daughter.

So that means,…

“So you mean to tell me that that Sarah really looks like your mom?” he asked his daughter shocked while pointing at the door.

“hm? Yes, daddy. You even saw her yesterday and do weird things thinking that she is mom.” His daughter told him matter-of-factly.

With that, he is taken a back at the frankness of his daughter; somewhat embarrassed that his own child saw him acting pathetic.

“Hey, just forget what you saw, okay?” he said strictly.

The little child pouts.

He then breathes out. “So you have eaten with her, and she looks like your mom..” he mumbles while nodding. He involuntarily enumerates what had happened.