Chapter Seven: His Conviction

He is already decided. He just decided that he will do everything to know the true identity of this Sarah. If at first he is hesitant, now he knows he is sure. This time he knows there’s no turning back. Yes. True because he trust this feeling now. The familiar feeling he used to have whenever she is around. The feeling of home, the feeling of in love and most of all, the feeling of being loved which he only get when he is with his Sarah. Well, as for the latter, he can’t feel it yet, but he is sure that in the past 3 days with her, he felt that she cares. At least, at that thought, his heart swell in happiness.

This is their fourth day on their “team building” and still he can’t get the grasp on how they call it team building. Well, for him it’s just like a company outing. No such program that may contribute or atleast may build up the supposed to be team’s cooperation and unison.

Of course, being him, he’ll consider it. I mean, he’ll object in this idea. It’s like they just put up the word “team building” so as the executives will approve this outing. Making the executives where he belongs technically a fools. But now, he cares no less. Of course, he won’t waste time thinking such things when his mind is occupied with the thought of this Sarah. And besides, if not because of this outing, he won’t have this hope again. The hope of finding her again, even though everyone already lost theirs a very long time ago.

He is now sitting on one bench by the beach while his eyes fixated on his daughter who is enjoying her little play with the beach sand together with her nanny, Yeng and of course, no other than Sarah. He is really happy every time his daughter is with her.  Of course, who wouldn’t? A daughter who haven’t known her mother? Seeing this situation, who would you think the happiest, right?

“It’s not good.” He utters.

He knitted his brows a little while thinking of their current state; of course him and her. Yes, they are now friends but he still feels the wall she used to build for someone she’s not used to. The same wall he victoriously crushed years ago.

He wanted more. He wanted to be with her again. He wanted to be how they are 2 years ago. 2 years ago before the accident, before what happened that he regret the most, when the both of them are happy.

Although it still pained him, he still accepted the fact that all he can do right now is to be satisfied on how much she can give to him. Besides, looking at her like this is a much blessing. He should be contented.

“Aish!” he grunted.

“Excuse me sir, are you alright?” a sudden inquiry almost makes him jump, literally.

“Oh shi..” he said while holding the part of his chest where his heart is.

“I’m sorry sir if I startle you.” Mr. Garcia apologetically said while sitting beside him.

“Nah it’s fine. What is it again?” he asked now his full attention on the new comer.

“Um, I just asked if you’re alright sir. You seems bothered.”

“Oh. Yeah I’m fine.” He said sincerely.

“Hm, Okay sir. By the way, we’ll just retreating for the day and will continue on the pavilion.”