Chapter Eight: Her Resolve

She saw it coming. She knew that he’ll kiss her, that his lips are going to meet hers, yet again, she didn’t stop him. She didn’t oppose either. While his lips is on hers, she can’t think anything but how soft his lips are and how good she felt about it.

She felt her knees buckled when he slowly ascended his hand from her back to the back of her head then tilted her head a little to deepen the kiss. She wanted to stop, she wanted to oppose but then again, all she can do is to obey whatever he wanted her to do.

And then before she knows it, she is responding to his kisses. She is kissing him back as passionate as him.

Moreover, passionate than what she can give to Matt.

Matt!

All her senses stopped when she thought about her Matt. With that moment, she finally got the strength to break on their fascinated exchange. She got out of his arms and tried to get away from him. She heard a frustrated groan and saw his face surprised and confused.

But the moment she totally got freed from him, she then remembered her fear of water so all she can do is cling back to him.

He didn’t disappoint her either since by the time she clang to him, he wrapped his arms around her, in a protective way. She can feel it. She can feel that both of them are breathing heavily maybe from the passionate exchange they just did.

They stayed just like that for a moment. Her arms around his neck, his arms around her body, her face nuzzled on his shoulder blades, his face buried on her head.

Then she felt him shudders and heard his little sniffles. She doesn’t know why but all she did was tightened her hold to him. She wanted to bring him closer. She wanted to wash every pain he is feeling. She wanted to tell him that everything is fine. But then again, she can’t.

All because of Matt.

What she is feeling around Gerald is strange yet all familiar to her.

It felt just right.

But she knows that it’s not.

But what if?

She shook her head a little. No! Don’t Sarah. Don’t. Because if you step towards him, even just one step, there’s no turning back. What he’s or they’re claiming is not that simple.

All they’re claiming will make your beliefs, your life for the past 2 years in waste.

The past 2 years will be a lie if you considered them.

“babe.” She then heard him whispered softly.

She then tightened her hold to him and she knows now that her tears are freely falling from her eyes now which she didn’t know why.