Chapter Four: Erratic Heartbeats

She blinks confused.

Who is he? She thought.

That’s the first question she had in her head as soon as she felt his warm hold to grab her towards him.

She is being pushed at the man’s firm and mascular body. She is surprised by the sudden heat that the man’s body gave her.

She is speechless and at the same time stunned at the man’s bold move. Suddenly, her heart jumped when the stanger whose hugging her utters words. As soon as she heard those words, she can’t help but her heart flutters that she doesn’t know why.

Then she remembered their position. She is being hugged by a stranger!

She panicky forced herself free from the tight embraced from the stranger man. It frustrates her on how tight he is holding her and it takes all her energy just to be out of his reach.

When she is away far enough from him, she got the opportunity to check the man. Tears welling in his eyes, the longing is evident in his face, his brows are knitted, all with that, he looks pathetic. She can’t help but to feel sorry for the man, though she’s still confused but still she can able to atleast conclude what is happening. She remembered how Grace is as soon as she saw her. The little child thought she is her dead mother.

Do I really look like her? she thought.

Her heart jumps when the man standing pathetically in front of her take a step forward, with arms reaching her.

“babe” the man called.

She blinks confused,

Babe?

She panicked when the man started to resume stepping forward. She looked at the man’s feet, when he step forward, she step backwards.

She is not afraid of him. She doesn’t know why but she just felt that he is harmless. It’s just the desperate calls and stares that were making her uncomfortable.

“Hep. Hep. Stay there Mister.” She commanded the man with the gestures of her two hands. The man obliged, in her relief.

Well, at first she is mesmerized on how angel looking he is, like Fredo is but then she thought he is weird.

“Babe, I missed you so much” the plead is obvious from his voice that it almost melts her heart. On why she is feeling like that is beyond her.

She tried to regain her composure.

“Will you shut up? You daughter is here seeing your.. um.. weird actions.” She reminds him while gesturing towards the child.

She is amused by how the man’s changed of reactions registered on his face as seconds pass. She remembered Grace did that when she first saw her. She can’t pinpoint what is in his eyes, it’s like clouded like he is dreaming  then she saw him tilt his head to look back since both of them took steps away a while ago from the two; Grace and her yaya.

Then he looked back at her, this time his eyes are focused, well, more on confused, but the clouded look are now gone. He looked back again to Grace and back to her.

“It’s not a dream?” the low voice escaped his lips, it is whispered but enough for her to hear him.

Good. He is awake. She thought relieved.

But then she is surprised when the man ran towards her. His pace is fast that she can only do is look at him. He hugged her again and his warmth strike her heart. She still can’t explain everything but she has idea.