Chapter Three: Dream or Reality?

He opened his eyes feeling a warm breath brushes his neck. He smile as he looks down on Sarah scooted beside him, face buried just below his chin.

“I love you so much and you are mine” He silently declared.

He leans his head a little to kiss her head. He can smell the sweet aroma of her shampoo that her hair radiates.

Oh boy, how addicted he is to her.

All his thoughts stop when the woman he is hugging shudders. He knows why and it pained him because he doesn’t know anything about it at all.

She won’t tell him.

It frustrates him because ever since they live together, she never lies, but this is an exemption.

Yes, he is not mad at her, of course. It just pissed him off that he doesn’t know a thing to what causes her like this. All he wants is to take this thing away from her, but he can’t. It frustrates him that he can’t do a thing because he doesn’t know anything about it.

The whimper she is producing is getting louder that snapped him to wake her up.

“hey, baby” he sweetly whispers.

“baby” he calls again when his first call didn’t reach her.

He scooted away gently and touch his wife’s face lovingly

“Baby, wake up”

She snapped her eyes open when she heard the worried tone of her husband. She then felt his hand move from her cheek to wipe the tears that intrude her face.

She looks up to see his eyes full of worries focus on her. She can feel he has many questions in mind, and she is grateful that he doesn’t insist to know it anymore.

“I love you.” She heard him says sweetly, so sweet that it can melts her heart.

“I know.” She said, and then lean forward to give him a peck on his lips.

She can say that he froze from what she did.

Well, it didn’t surprise her since as far as she can remember, this is the second time that she kiss him, well, peck, and the first one is last night while he is sleeping, so for him, this is the first time.

She touch his cheek with her right hand gently. Finally, he managed to recover from her ‘bold’ act, he look back at her. She can see the look in his eyes, there has passion and love.

She then flashed him the sweetest smile that she can manage.

He smile back.

“I already have to get up. The team building starts today and I have to be in office at 6:00 am. Look! It’s already 4. I only have 2 hours to prepare.” She suddenly utters non-stop with matching hands gestures.

The man beside her laughs at her.

She smile. Oh, how she loves those laughs.

As they walk towards the company’s entrance, they can already hear the excited tone of her best friend.

They stop walking from not that a far from where most of her co-workers waiting, then she saw Yeng exaggeratedly wave at them. When she is about to run towards her, she felt a warm and firm hold on her wrist.

“Don’t get excited for leaving me, baby” said the man beside her as soon as she looks back at him.

“I’m not excited on leaving you. I’m excited for Yeng. Besides, I’ll be back. It’s just five days.” She seriously explains.