Chapter 10

The last song for the night was playing when someone knocked. She looked up to see Lee Donghae standing at the door. He'd been making a habit to drop by during her shift. Although it was the first time for her to see him at the end of her shift. They would usually have coffee together earlier at the start of her shift. She usually comes in at around 5pm. 

The hours before her program were spent updating her blog for the station's website, reviewing the songlist with the program director, browsing through the confessions and selecting those that would be aired. Donghae, sometimes with Jae-Suk sunbaenim but sometimes alone, would usually take coffee with her as she does the prepping. Both men providing her with their inputs. 

Their arguments are still very much present, to the amusement of their referee Yoo Jae-Suk, but it has now mellowed to an almost affectionate banter. Some people might even choose to label it as flirting. If pointed out, however, Sandara will deny it to death. But unknowingly she found herself looking forward to their coffee conversations.

"I thought you weren't coming in today?" She looked up surprised to see him. He didn't come in earlier as he had to meet with YG entertainment's CEO to discuss details regarding the possible guestings of their artists for their upcoming new program to be launched in a month's time.

He smiled at her. "Would you believe me if I confess to missing you?"

"We both know that you don't. Why are you trying to practice that line on me? Meeting some chick this weekend?"

"Nope." He grinned at her. "Just trying to take a rise out of you."

"Mission accomplished then. Would you believe me if I confess to you that my blood boils when I see you?" She countered back at him.

"Actually, I would. I always knew you had the hots for me, Park." He returned cockily back at her.

"You know what? You're full of crap, Lee. Seriously, what brings you here this time of the night. You need something?"

"You." The way he was looking at her made her stop in her tracks. She couldn't look away if she tried. His intense stare made her feel as if he was trying to look into her soul but then suddenly he smirked and said, "Got ya! For a moment there I had you, right?" He mockingly laughed at her.

Before she knew it she had thrown the ballpen she was holding like a dart at him. He caught it with ease. "Hey. No tantrums in here. Hong Chul hyungnim will kill you if you wreck any of his precious equipment."

She glowered at him. Hands crossed over her chest. He grabbed her bag without any warning and went out the door.

"Hey! Where are you going with my bag?" She stomped after him.

"I'm holding it hostage again. I know a ramen place in the corner that's still open. Eat with me?" He turned his puppy dog eyes at her. 

She just raised an eyebrow at him but her stomach betrayed her and emitted a grumbling sound. Her stomach has a mind of its own. Between her and ramen it would choose ramen anytime.

"I'm taking that as a yes." He turned and continued walking. Her bag still slung over his shoulder. "I actually need to talk to you. It's for the upcoming live streaming program." He called out at her knowing she'd follow. She picked up her pace to catch up to him. "Slow down."

"Sorry. I forgot you've got short legs." That earned him a punch. He just chuckled at her. "As if yours are that long. You're not even that tall." She muttered under her breath. "I'm still taller than you." He shot back.

When they got to the ramen place, they ordered and talk turned to business.

"YG has agreed to our proposal." Donghae told her. 

"Really?" She couldn't help but have mixed feelings about the news. She was happy for the station and for Donghae. It would mean a lot for them. But a certain someone from her past is associated with YG. The butterflies stirred inside her stomach in nervous anticipation.

"Really, Really. They already have a group in mind for the first guesting."

"Do the others already know?" She asked.

"I called Yoo Jae Suk after my meeting. He will announce it to the rest of the staff later. I wanted to talk to you first because I want you to co-host the show wih Kwanghee." She looked up at his words.

"Me? The other DJs have more experience." She protested.

"The others are males except for Kyung Jin noona. We need a female co host. We're targeting younger millennials for this program. Noona, no offense meant, probably won't earn as much attention as you. And this program involves visuals. Don't let this get into your head but you've got that area covered." He countered at her.

"Can't you hire another host for this?" She asked.

"Our financial status is not that stable yet. And must I remind you of the 150% commitment, Park? Are you forgetting it already?" He wagged an accusing finger at her.

She hung her head dejectedly.

"It's only two hours on Saturday evenings, Park. It won't even affect your usual schedule that much. You're usually at the station during those times."

"Do I have a choice in this?" She asked in defeat.

"You do have a choice." He grinned at her. "You can quit if you want. But you know you won't because you won't be able to see this face anymore." He was pointing at the general direction of his face.

He got himself a furious kick under the table. "Ow. Stop that!"

"You should be thankful I've got short legs because I was aiming for your balls." She shot a murderous glance at him.