Christmas Special

Monsant was closed for Christmas eve. The perimeter was secured by Jiyong’s security team so the couple could do whatever they please and not be disturbed by nosy customers and nasty paparazzi. Soft, quiet music was playing. Their guests haven’t arrived yet and the couple took advantage of the calm before the start of their Christmas eve party. They sat comfortably on the love seat facing the ocean with the setting sun sending soft trails of red, gold and blue lights across the water. The muted colors bathed Dara’s face in a soft light, highlighting further her quiet beauty as she turned her face towards the fading masterpiece in front of her.

“It’s beautiful,” she sighed in contentment.

“Yes it is.” Jiyong agreed but he wasn’t looking at the sea. He then took something from his coat pocket and handed it to her. “Merry Christmas, Dee.”

Dara turned to look questioningly at him without opening the box first. “You didn’t tell me we’re giving our gifts now. I left mine inside.” She moved to get up but Jiyong tightened his embrace and lifted her to sit in between his legs. “No. Stay. Your gift can wait.” He settled his chin on to Dara’s shoulder and watched her open the gift box.

Centered on the box was a single safety pin earring with a two toned gold long-stemmed rose. She turned to Jiyong, slightly puzzled. “It isn’t a pair?”

“It’s a pair, of course.” He smiled cheekily and took out the necklace hidden under his shirt. He flashed her the other earring that was temporarily masquerading as his necklace’s pendant. Dara’s eyes widened in understanding.

“Someone’s bound to notice, Ji.” She protested half-heartedly but did not struggle when Jiyong took the earring and replaced the stud she was wearing on her left ear.

“That’s exactly the point.” He answered matter-of-factly.

Dara turned sideways to look him in the eye and see if he was as serious as he sounded and he did. Confusion clouded her eyes. “Why are you looking at me like that?” He asked.

“Are you out of your mind? If they find out, everyone’s going to start speculating again.” Dara told him.

“I want them to.” He shrugged. “I’m going to enlist soon. I’m going to ease them in to the fact that you are mine. This is just the beginning, Dee.” His face was serious as he said his statement.

“And you were planning to tell me this just now?” Dara rolled her eyes at him and elbowed him lightly on the stomach.

“I’m not giving you any chance to back out.” He felt disappointed after the sort of public kiss during Seungri’s Halloween party seemed as if it didn’t happen as not one picture or video made it to the newsstands. He didn’t plan the kiss but he was hoping that the pap’s for once could make themselves useful and do the initial announcement for him but just when he wanted them to do their work, they didn’t. He found out a week later, after being summoned to the seventh floor of the YG building that the company actually did “damage control”.

After securing the earring was well-placed, he nuzzled her cold earlobe warming it with his breath and earning an involuntary moan from Dara. The girl was distracted and was oblivious to the excited chatter and laughter approaching them from behind. He smiled as he took in briefly the sight of her closed eyes and slightly parted lips. He then bent his head and purposely claimed what he considered to be his. Jiyong vaguely took note of the increasing sounds coming from their guests as they rounded the corner of the café. He knew Dara was unaware of their captive audience and he took the opportunity to deepen the kiss further. He felt her arms creep upwards to his neck and her fingers entangling with his hair as he angled his mouth over hers and tangled his tongue with hers, eliciting another groan from her. When she shifted in his lap to plaster her body closer to his, he slid his arms around her closer. He could hear Yeonjun, T.O.P’s nephew, whining at his Samchon to stop covering his eyes.

He reluctantly separated his lips from hers, stopping the heated exchange before it goes way out of hand. He then rubbed his nose gently against hers, noting her closed eyes and the way she was still trying to catch her breath. He smiled and gave her mouth one last peck before smoothing both their clothes into place.

He then settled Dara’s boneless body in front of him. She settled her back comfortably against his chest, sighing in comfortable contentment. She was thinking that if she could do this everyday with him she’d be happy but then Jiyong’s slightly amused voice broke her musings, “Our guests are here, love.”

Her eyes widened and she would have jumped out of his embrace if not for his arms that were holding her captive. She took a peek over his shoulder and found their friends and their families grinning widely at the both of them. She groaned in embarrassment and hid her flaming face on Jiyong’s chest.

“No need to hide, Noona!” The Panda yelled his encouragement.

She took another shy peek. She skimmed her eyes at the crowd, waving shyly at no one in particular but finally settled on the Panda’s smiling face. “You’ve been here long?”

“Long enough, Noona.” He grinned cheekily at the girl and their friends laughed at his answer.

Dara hid her face again. “You guys, go on inside. We’ll follow you in a while. Eomma and Appa are inside. I still have to deal with my shy santokki first.” She felt Jiyong’s chest rumble as he chuckled at her actions.

That was then that she realized that he knew ahead of her that they had an audience. She glared up at him. “You knew that they were already there.”

He shrugged. “So? They’re our friends. They know the deal. Consider it as practice, Dee. For the press and the public.” She narrowed her eyes at his words.

“It’s time, Dee. I have no plans of enlisting without ensuring that everyone knows your mine.” Jiyong told her.

She was about to protest but Jiyong silenced her with a peck on the lips. “The people gathered here, they are important to you and me, right?”

She nodded.

“Do you see any of them protesting against our relationship?”

She shook her head.

“They are the ones that matter. If the rest of the world don’t support us, it’s their call but our friends and family they support us and that is what’s important. I didn’t know it before but fame is worthless without the support of people who matter. The people in there...” he gestured towards the gathering crowd inside. “They’re the ones that matter.” He smoothed the frown forming between her brows with a quick kiss.

“Okay.” She finally answered after a few moments of contemplative silence. She gave him a swift kiss then abruptly stood up, embarrassment now forgotten. She then smiled confidently at the seated Jiyong, got hold of his hand and pulled him up. He willingly stood up and laced her fingers with his. They smiled into each other’s eyes before walking leisurely hand in hand to join the celebrations inside.

(I know I have 2 stories still waiting to be finished but I can't resist writing this. For those of you who are waiting for the updates to my incomplete stories, I'm sorry but you'd have to wait awhile. For now, this is my Christmas treat for you.)