Chapter 35

"To all my loyal Confessioners, thank you. Thank you for entrusting to us your ugliest truths...your prettiest lies... your innermost secrets...your most hidden desires...your shallowest dreams...your highest inspirations...your impossible dreams...your most frustrating disappointments...your deepest hurts... For giving us the privilege to be part of your lives...Thank you. Just as you have shared a portion of your life and opened up to us I'm also going to bare a little of my soul tonight. Our last song for tonight is My own personal confession. I hope this song helps you breathe easier tonight." With that Dara clicked play on the soundboard and the opening chords of Sara Bareilles' Breathe Again filled the air.

"Car is parked, bags are packed, but what kind of heart doesn't look back
At the comfortable glow from the porch, the one I will still call yours?
All those words came undone and now I'm not the only one
Facing the ghosts that decide if the fire inside still burns

All I have, all I need, he's the air I would kill to breathe
Holds my love in his hands, still I'm searching for something
Out of breath, I am left hoping someday I'll breathe again
I'll breathe again

Open up next to you and my secrets become your truth
And the distance between that was sheltering me comes in full view
Hang my head, break my heart built from all I have torn apart
And my burden to bear is a love I can't carry anymore

All I have, all I need, he's the air I would kill to breathe
Holds my love in his hands, still I'm searching for something
Out of breath, I am left hoping someday I'll breathe again

Oh, It hurts to be here
I only wanted love from you
Yeah, it hurts to be here
What am I gonna do?

All I have, all I need, he's the air I would kill to breathe
Holds my love in his hands, still I'm searching
All I have, all I need, he's the air I would kill to breathe
Holds my love in his hands, and still I'm searching for something
Out of breath, I am left hoping someday I'll breathe again
I'll breathe again, I'll breathe again,
I'll breathe again, I'll breathe again"

It had almost been an hour since the song ended but Sandara was still sitting on the chair staring blankly at nothing. Her hand had been curved frozen over the computer's mouse the whole time and the cursor had been blinking over the power button for just about the same time, too. Someone had been standing at the door with arms crossed over his chest for about half that time but Sandara, lost in her thoughts, failed to notice.

The man had to clear his throat twice before Sandara was able to notice she wasn't alone. "Oh! You're here!"

"For the past half hour, actually. I took pity on your physical body and stood guard over it while your spirit was doing some astral projection back to your mother ship."

"Yah!" Dara glared at him.

"That's not very nice of you. Boris the Boglodite could have gone inside the station and finished you off if I wasn't here. At the very least I expect some gratitude for saving you from the threat of utter annihilation."

She just rolled her eyes at him and proceeded to log out and shut down the computer.

"I could definitely count that as an act of insubordination and fire you on the spot but fortunately I'm on a generous mood. I'll let you off if you treat me to a midnight bowl of ramen." The man smilingly teased her. She gave him another eye roll in response.

She grabbed her stuff and walked straight out of the office, waved her hand at the night guard and went out of the station. He trailed leisurely behind her.

She turned her head and yelled at him as she neared the curve of the pavement. "If you want that free ramen you better pick up your pace. A hundred year old lady could walk faster than you."

He grinned at her back and sprinted effortlessly after her, swiftly overtaking her. "Who's the ahjumma now? Eat my dust, ahjumma! I'll take pity on you and will pay for everything if you can outrun me." He taunted at her.

"Yah! I was not nicknamed Santokki in middle school for nothing!" She yelled back and raced after him, not noticing the forlorn figure who stood by the bus stop across the street.

As their yells and laughter faded off into the distance, the hooded man smiled sadly and softly said, "Annyeong, Dee. Please, always be happy." He then turned and walked away heading towards the opposite direction.