Bad Boy(Part 1)

You shuffled down the street towards your school. Another dreaded day at that place. You walked with your head down, like you did every day. You pushed past the jocks hanging around outside and slipped through the front door. You made eye contact with no one as you walked to your locker. You opened it up and sighed as you grabbed your books. You heard gasps behind you and the sound of people running. You turned around to see what was happening. Nerds scurried out of the way as the bad boy walked down the hall. What was his name again? Matthias? Matthew? Micah? "Mark!" You remembered as someone yelled his name. You turned to see the school bully, Nancy. She bounded up to Mark and twirled her hair. She's tried to get with ever since he came to the school.

"Hi, Nancy," Mark sighed as he tried to push past her. His group of friends tried to keep her away, but she persisted.

"Are you doing anything this weekend, because I'm free!"

"I don't give a f*ck" He said as he brushed her away.

For once you looked someone in the eye. You looked up at Mark as he walked by you. As you did so, his eyes met yours. His chocolate eyes filled with wonder as he stopped to look at you. He was soon pushed forward by his friends. You blushed as you hung your head again and walked to class.

All you could think about all day was Mark. Why did he look at me? You thought as you walked outside to eat lunch. You scanned the field for a place to sit. You decided to sit under the bleachers. You had no friends, no one to talk to. You didn't mind the quiet from time to time. As you made your way to the bleachers, you felt your foot hit something. You fell as you heard Nancy laughing at you.

"Whoops, didn't see you there quiet girl. Maybe if you looked up sometimes, you wouldn't fall." She cackled as she grabbed your lunchbox. She sifted through it as you tried desperately to get it back. She threw out the food as she went through it, and you caught some of it. She then pulled out a pack of M & M's.

"Ooo, Mark loves these!" She said as she pushed you back down.

She turned and began to walk away. You furiously stood up and chased her. You turned her around to face you and laid a fist into her face. You heard something crack in her jaw as she shrieked in pain. She swung at you and hit your nose. Your nose began to bleed, but you didn't care. You hit her again, this time in the eye. Crying, she finally ran away. You fell to your knees as you put your sleeve up to your nose. You hurriedly gathered up your lunch and tried to scurry away to the bleachers so no one would notice you. Too late. Mark had watched the whole thing, and was now standing over you.

"Let me help you," he said softly as he reached a hand down to you.

You grabbed onto his hand and let him help you up. You kept your head down as you shoved all your things into your arms. You muttered a thank you to him as you walked away.

"Wait! Are you okay?" He whispered, trying not to let anyone hear him.

"I-I'll be fine," you stammered as you scurried to the bleachers. Mark followed.

"Let me help you," he said as he turned you around. He gently pulled your arm away from your nose. He examined your bloody nose as you marveled at the tattoos on his neck and arms. He noticed this and chuckled. "Like what you see?"

You snapped out of your daydream and blushed when you looked into Mark's eyes. He just smiled and pulled you gently towards the bathroom. He took you into the girl's restroom and began to clean your face. You hung your head again.

"Why do you always hang your head? You're too beautiful to do that!" You blushed even harder.

You looked around nervously to make sure there were no girls in the bathroom."Y-You know this is the girl's restroom?"

"Oh, she speaks?!" He chuckled as he wiped away the last bit of blood. "There you go, and don't worry, she won't mess with you again. I'll make sure that doesn't happen."

You smiled at Mark and whispered a thank you as you scurried out of the bathroom. You hurried outside to eat your lunch. A huge smile was plastered onto your face as you thought about your conversation with Mark. "Why would a bad boy like him notice me? He thought I was beautiful?" You thought as you smiled.