Wolf

It was a chilly autumn night in L.A. You were currently snuggled under the covers, binge watching Netflix on the couch. You sipped a cup of hot chocolate and let its warmth fill your body. Soon, rain started to fall outside. The patter of the rain made you drowsy, and soon you were dozing off on your couch.

You were awoken from your slumber by your dog whining. You groaned and checked your phone for the time. 3:05 a.m. You rolled your eyes and reluctantly left the comforting warmth of the blankets on you. You sighed as you slipped on your converse. You clipped the leash onto your dog's collar and unlocked the back door. A huge breeze swept through the open door and made you shudder. You quickly ran back inside and slipped a jacket on. You then shut the door and shuffled around your backyard while your dog happily trotted next to you. As he/she did their business, you looked up at the beautiful starry night sky that lightly lit up the woods surrounding your house. A bark in the distance caused you to jump with fear. The barking continued and seemed like it was getting closer. You furrowed your brow, confused why a dog would be barking at this time in the morning. Suddenly, the dog was cut off mid-bark. This confused and intrigued you even more. You tugged your dog forward with you as you decided to walk where the dog was barking. You reached the beginning of the thick woods and stopped to rethink what you were doing. A howl emitted into the air and made the hairs on the back of your neck rise. Another breeze blew and spun your hair around. As you were about to turn back towards your house, you heard leaves rustle in the woods in front of you. You stood frozen, fear taking over your body. Your heart began to beat faster and your palms began to dampen. You swallowed and prepared to run back to your house. Before you could pick up your dog and sprint, a figure emerged in front of you. A scream rose in your throat, but was cut off by the figure slamming you into a tree nearby, his hand on your mouth. You looked the figure in the eye, and freaked out when you saw his eyes were red. The hand that covered your mouth was covered in hair. Claws scraped your cheek lightly. You saw the figure's black hair dangle in his face. He had two large wolf-like ears poking out on the sides of his head. Your mind spun as you soaked in his features. He smiled a crooked smile at you, showing you his fangs. All of his teeth were sharp, but his two incisors looked razor sharp. He flicked his tongue over his teeth as he closed the distance between you. He looked at your flesh with hunger. A tear slipped down your cheek as you closed your eyes.

"Please...don't," you muttered between sobs.

The man cocked his head at you. His ears perked with interest whenever you talked. You opened your eyes and saw his dark eyes searching yours with intrigue. You swallowed, attempting to swallow your fear.

"Please don't. I'll do anything, just don't kill me please," you mumbled under his hand.

He let his hand fall from your mouth but quickly used it to keep a firm grip on you. He flashed his teeth at you before speaking.

"Anything?"

"Please just let me go," you tried to plead with the wolf-man.

He chuckled deeply. "I can't just let you go. I was in the middle of hunting my dinner when that stupid mutt chased me here. I'm very hungry, dear, and I don't think I can just let a pretty meal like you walk away."

You swallowed and tried to hold back tears. He closed the distance between you two. His body was up against yours as you watched him take in your features and lick his lips.

"Please," you sobbed as the man got closer to your neck.

"It'll be quick. I'll rip your main artery open first so you die quicker, okay?" You could hear the wolf-man was genuine.

Throughout this whole endeavor, you thought about what this creature might be. He was strong, beautiful, majestic even. He looked half man, half wolf. You flipped through mystical creatures in your head until it clicked. He was a werewolf. He's only in this state at night. If you could make it until dawn, he would return to a human state. Hope rose inside of you as you tried to stall.

"Would you want to go inside? Someone might see you out here or that dog might come back."

Mentioning the dog caused him to laugh. You felt his chest rumble when he laughed. "Sweetheart, that dog isn't coming back," he licked his lips. "But, you provide a good point. I'm going to keep a close watch ,though. I'm not losing my prey again."

He kept one arm wrapped around yours as you led him to the house. You tried to formulate some plan in your head as you walked. You stepped up onto your back porch and gasped when you were being tugged backwards. You looked behind you to see the man standing in the darkness, not one bit of light touching him.

"A big scary wolf-man is afraid of a little light?"

"I prefer the term werewolf and yes, I love the darkness."

You just sighed and pulled him forward. He hopped inside behind you and you shut the back door.

"Lock it," his deep voice commanded.

You slowly clicked the lock into place and heard a satisfied sigh behind you.

"Now the real fun begins."

[Oooo, spicy! What will happen next? Thanks for reading! Btw, the art is not mine, I can't draw worth a crap. That's why I write lol. Anyways, I just wanted to say that if any of you guys have requests, hit me up because I run out of ideas sometimes😯 this goes for this book and my Jacksepticeye Imagines book too! Thanks! Love you, beauties❤]