Chapter 6 - Cameron

"This was a really fucking bad idea." I choke out, sniffling and wiping the stray tears on my face with the back of my hand.

"Hermoso." Avery pouts, looking at me with sympathy. I totally ignore it.

"Don't you get all hot and sexy with me, woman. I'm mad as hell."

She comes up behind me and wraps her arms around my middle, resting her cheek on my back. "It'll be okay."

I huff. Where have I heard those words before?

Avery goes back around the counter where her cutting board is and resumes dicing the tomato. She must feel me glaring at her because she looks up and gives an exaggerated eye roll. "Really, Camron. You're stronger than this."

"Oh, so that's how it's going to be? How sexist. Be the man. Be strong."

"Wow." She mumbles, expertly slicing her vegetables while she leaves me to suffer. Traitor.

I look down in front of me and the tears are instantly back. Damn it. There was just no escaping this, was there? With a reluctant sigh, I pick my knife back up and cut into the stupid fucking onion.

I hated this piece of shit.

I manage to dice another quarter of the vegetable before my tears won't allow me to see what I'm doing and I release my knife to furiously scrub at my eyes.

"Gah." I sink to the floor, sprawling across it with another sob. "Avery, baby, I think I'm dying. Promise you're going to name your first born after me."

My eyes are closed and I listen to the soft patter of Avery's bare feet on the kitchen floor. The noise stops next to me and I crack open one eye to see her looming over me, hands on her hips, her game face on. I crack a grin against my better judgement.

"Your tits looks great from this angle."

That sends a kick straight to my side and I grunt. Not fun.

"The man calls himself a boxer but screams mercy trying to cut an onion." Her arms go up. "Unbelievable."

"Hey. I would rather take a boxing match right now, anyways."

"Men. Such babies. You can cut the tomatoes and I'll finish the onion."

I cry out dramatically and hug her legs. I hear her less-than-amused sigh as I burrow into her and take full advantage of being up close and personal with her fantastic calves. So toned. So smooth.

"Are you done?" She asks dryly. I barely spare her a glance.

"One more minute."

"Cameron!"

"Okay, okay." I hold my hands up in surrender and push myself to my feet. "I was having a moment."

Her lips twitch. "With my legs?"

"And why not?" The beginnings of a smirk spread across my face as I lean close. "I couldn't help but imagine how fantastic they'd look wrapped around my back. Or my neck."

Her breath hitches and that little stutter goes straight to my cock. I swear I couldn't do anything around this woman without craving her until it hurt.