PART 2

They were in high school when they had a subject related to music. Everyone was required to showcase their own talents. The best performer would have the chance to have a surprise performance on their school festival. The students were asked to do the auditions one by one so that no one would know about their stage. Chanyeol was feeling giddy with excitement while his turn comes closer.

"Hmmm. What did that little dude might have done?" Despite having to practice for his own turn, he still thought of Baekhyun's stage. Since they were not allowed to say anything, he didn't ask.

Baekhyun heaved a sigh of relief when he came out of the door. Upon seeing his tall friend, a smile crept on his lips.

"Good luck Dumbo."

"Thanks little elf."

That encouragement alone was enough for Chanyeol to feel energized. He was determined to perform on their school festival and offer a serenade for every student, especially for his best friend, Baekhyun.

The two of them didn't know that they were chosen to perform until the day of the performance came. Baekhyun was the first one to be on stage which shocked Chanyeol. He knew that his best friend has the talent but he didn't expect him to perform.

"Hello. My name is Byun Baekhyun. Senior student from Class 2. I'm going to sing a self-composed song dedicated to a special girl in the crowd."

Then it hit Chanyeol.

Of course. Baekhyun will use this opportunity to confess to his long time crush. He forgot the fact that they are both guys and that Baekhyun doesn't see him the same way he sees Baekhyun.

Setting aside his bitterness, he initiated the cheer in the crowd to encourage his little friend. Noticing his effort, Baekhyun turned to him and smiled nervously. He mouthed a short "thanks" before starting his song.

His beautiful voice resonated throughout their campus as girls fell in love with his voice while Chanyeol's heart was crushed every time he is reminded that this song is not for him.

"I'm so lucky to have met you." Baekhyun sang as he was going down the stage, making his way to the girl he long for.

"Yes, Baek. I'm really lucky to have met you." Chanyeol thought while staring at his best friend.

Baekhyun reached his destination and grabbed the lucky girl's hands as his song reaches its end.

"If we meet again, I want to tell you."

"Fly to you, stay by my side."

He paused and took out a rose from his pocket behind. He smiled and gave her the rose before singing the last line.

"YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL."

Students cheered and rejoiced, cheering for the two. However, one soul seems to be in despair. Baekhyun walked up to his partner-in-crime and gave him a tap on the shoulders.

"I did it. I finally did it." He said cheerfully.

Chanyeol smiled half-heartedly. "Congrats."

"W-what's wrong?"

"Nothing." He said. "Just... nervous."

Chanyeol was up on stage and as expected, girls were screaming upon seeing the captain of the soccer team.

"Good evening ladies and gents. I'm Park Chanyeol. Senior student class 1 here to serenade you with a self-composed song."

He sings with all his might in attempt to impress his little friend. His eyes were searching for something that he wished he didn't see.

"Hello angel." He sang with pain in his eyes.

You're like a painting.

You're all I see when I look to the skies.

City street lights, you're all I see even if the lights go out and the moon disappears

He took a glance towards Byun Baekhyun, his friend, his first love. But apparently, he was not paying attention to Chanyeol and was talking to the girl he confessed to.

With tears forming in his eyes, Chanyeol sang the last line.

I HAVE A STAR THAT FELL FROM THE SKIES

AND IT'S YOU