PART 4

Days passed and Baekhyun seemed to lose his energy. He wanted to look for his best friend and apologize but his pride won't let him do it. Instead, he secretly asked Chanyeol's colleagues regarding his whereabouts.

"Eh?! How come Yeol didn't tell his best friend?" Baekhyun was as flustered as they are.

"N-no. H-he didn't tell me anything."

"He left Korea 4 days ago."

Hearing this crushed Baekhyun's spirits.

"Why didn't our parents informed me? They surely dropped that giant at the airport with both our families... excluding me. And if it's 4 days ago, that's right after the night we had a fight."

"H-he's on a v-vacation, right?"

"Err... no." Baekhyun nodded and stood up.

"I did a mistake, right?"

"I should've said sorry, right?"

In attempt to forget his best friend, he went to different clubs with his girlfriend for almost the whole week. He partied all night and was always wasted. After the incident with Chanyeol, he never let his girl inside their apartment ever again.

An unfortunate day came across Baekhyun as he was caught drunk driving one night. He can't call his or Chanyeol's parents because for sure, he'll get the best punishment one can ever experience.

"So... no one's going to pick you up tonight?" A cop asked.

"..."

"Then state the full details regarding the accident."

"I broke up with my girlfriend. I miss my best friend. Got drunk. Drove. Got caught. The end." He narrated soullessly.

"Usual cases." The cop whispered. "Your case is not that heavy. You just have to be detained here for a couple of hours or pay and get out right now."

Before Baekhyun could decide, someone pushed the door open. "I'll pay for his charge." A tall handsome lad, which happens to be Chanyeol, arrived.

"Okay. Please give us your information before we let him go."

"Park Chanyeol. 24 years old. I'm his brother." He paid for Baekhyun's discharge and left the station without waiting for Baekhyun. Baekhyun rushed to his side and caught up with him.

"I'm his brother." Chanyeol's words echoed through Baekhyun's mind. He wanted to cry and hug him and say his sorry, but Chanyeol seemed to be so distant right now.

"Y-you didn't tell our parents, right?" Chanyeol didn't look at him and just nodded as response. He got in his car and so did Baekhyun. Chanyeol drove to their apartment to drop Baekhyun off. They already arrived a few minutes ago but Baekhyun still doesn't want to go.

"Y-you're not staying?"

"No."

"... I broke up with her." Baekhyun started. "I realized she wasn't worth fighting for. She's hot, yes. But that just it. I shouldn't have gone out with her. I'm sorry Chan."

"Please don't call me that way, Baek. I might fail to control myself." Chanyeol thought.

"..."

"The next day after we had a fight, I woke up seeing people getting your stuffs. You must've given them your keys, huh? Do you hate me that much to the point that you're willing to leave me?"

"No. I love you that much that it hurts me seeing you ruin your own life with that girl."

"..."

"I didn't saw you around school that week as well. I asked people from your club and they told me you left Korea the day after we fought. I wanted to believe that it was for vacation purposes but they told me it wasn't. I was so scared after hearing that news. I felt like I was in need of a guardian once again. Pathetic, right? It felt exactly like that day you saved from getting bullied."

"So, I need to leave for you to realize my worth?"

"..."

"I went to different clubs and drunk my senses out in attempt to forget the pain I felt. Eunhye keeps on badmouthing you to the point that it irritates me. I broke up with her after realizing she wasn't worth it. Surprisingly, I didn't feel anything. It wasn't as painful as the day we fought. It wasn't as painful as the day I got rejected back in high school. Having a fight with you was my greatest regret."

"You don't know how much I'm holding myself back from hugging you."

"..."

"C-chan. I'm sorry." Baekhyun looked desperate. His eyes are clouded with tears. "I made a huge mistake in defending her. I am a huge asshole for not defending you even if I know that she's lying. I never meant to believe her anyway. I-I just... well... I just wanted you to leave her alone that time that's why I pretended to believe her. I'm really sorry Chan. P-please forgive me."

Chanyeol took a deep breath and kept his emotionless act.

"It's getting late, Baekhyun."

"O-oh. Y-yeah. T-thanks for not telling Mom or Dad." As soon as Baekhyun closed the car's door, Chanyeol drove away with a heavy heart.

"I'm not doing this to make you regret, B. I'm doing this so you could learn your lesson. I'll come back soon. I promise."