PART 9

"To: My Baek; From: Your Chan"

"If you're reading this, then I must be dead. *laughs*."

"How can you laugh at this situation, you dumbo."

"This bag, this diary, and this stationary is not familiar with you, right? It's because I hid it since I was 5. The day when we got home from a fight was the day that my heart first skipped a beat with you."

"W-what?"

"Yes, Baek. I love you. Oh, right. I'm dead. I LOVED YOU. Ever since you thanked me for saving you that day, I couldn't stop myself from falling in love with you. No, I'm not gay. I like girls as well, but they don't make my heart flutter as much as it did with you."

"C-chan."

"To be honest, I like it when you call me 'Chan'. It feels special. Although I always tell you that I hate it, I actually don't. I loved it."

"..."

"Why didn't I confess? Why would I? I could never risk our friendship and brotherhood over a romantic relationship, that's why I never brought up a topic about it or something that has a hint about it."

Baekhyun didn't finish the letter and drove hurriedly to the hospital. He desperately begged the same doctor to let him in inside the room where Chanyeol is, and was eventually granted access. He clutched unto Chanyeol's cold hand tightly and sobbed.

"You should've confessed, ugly."

"Back in high school, the day of the school festival, it hurts me so much seeing you sing a song for a girl in the crowd who eventually cheated on you. I actually hate her, by the way. I hope you won't encounter her ever again."

"If you freaking confessed, that song would've been for you Park Chanyeol." He said as he sobbed.

"The song that I composed, the one that I sang at the festival, it's for you. But you're busy with that witch that you didn't notice my heavy stare. After that, I didn't bother singing it again. If you want to hear it, it's on my iPod."

"You should've sang it again that night and confessed. I would've said yes." He said with sobs in between.

"Then there's that girl from communications department. I still hate her, too. Ah, no. I loathe her to death. Ah, right. I'm dead. I still hate her. You shouldn't have dated her, ugly elf."

"I dated her because I thought you only see me as your best friend and your brother." He explained clutching unto Chanyeol's hands even more.

"I dated her because I wanted to divert my attention from you. I wanted to forget the feelings I have for you."

"The night we fought because of her, that was the worst day we had. I hope we won't have it ever again. Oh, yeah. I'm dead. We won't really have it anymore. Lol."

"Stop laughing, idiot. It's not funny." He reached the last page that was talking about Chanyeol's thoughts about Baekhyun's marriage.

"You know, I wanted to stop you from marrying Chaeyoung and just confess my feelings for you. But then I realized that I will just take your happiness away. And that if I'm really going to confess, I should've done it earlier."

"I have so many regrets. I wanted to hold your hand, but I can't. I wanted to kiss you, but I can't. I wanted to hold you in my arms, but I can't."

"But you know, it makes me happy seeing you happy with her. I know she'll take care of you very well. I like her for you, B. Live a good life with her and forget about me. I'm dead anyways. HAHAHAHA."

"I SAID IT'S NOT FUNNY!"

"You must've been talking to my body right now. Look at you. Wipe your face and blow your nose. Go back to your wife and stop whining for me to wake up. I have so many regrets, so please don't live your life like mine. Take good care of Chaeyoung and your future kids. Don't let them be like you. HAHAHA. Be the best cupid for Yoora noona and Baekbeom hyung. They like each other, psh. Denial. I'll leave my parents in your hands. You're like a son to them as well. You're not a stranger, Byun Baekhyun. You are a part of Park's family starting from the day you were born. Feel free to take my place and console them. Don't forget to introduce me to my future nephew(s) or niece(s), okay? They should know that they have a good uncle like me. HAHAHA. Anyway, you must be tired from crying. Close your eyes and go to sleep."

"How can I sleep now? You know that nothing will beat your presence."

"I love you Byun Baekhyun. Always and forever."

He folded the letter and sobbed. They decided to bury him the next day. Baekhyun was staring at his coffin and sobbed constantly.

"I love you Byun Baekhyun."

No one knows that Chanyeol appeared in his dreams that night and said the words he's been dying to say for 20 years.

"I love you Byun Baekhyun."

His words were echoing in his mind as he was staring at Chanyeol's coffin being buried.

He moved unconsciously and stopped them from piling the dirt to cover his tomb. He opened the casket and gave Chanyeol a kiss on the forehead.

"I love you too, Park Chanyeol."

Hearing this gave everyone, aside from Yoora and Chaeyoung, a shock.

He closed the casket and turned away, leaving the cemetery.