PART 6

Months passed by and Baekhyun slowly changed his group of friends by involving himself in the same group where Chanyeol belong. He was allowed in the club without any registration right after they heard the two sing the song Baekhyun composed.

It was days after they made up that they decided to spare some time to hang out with each other. The club members saw the two leaning at each other's backs with Chanyeol playing his guitar and Baekhyun singing his self-composed song.

The club members were organizing a party for this year's first years when a sweet girl entered the room. She was the extreme opposite of Baekhyun's last girlfriend but her aura seemed to have tugged Baekhyun's heart.

Chanyeol saw the reaction on his best friends face and can't help but be jealous. However, this time, he wanted to cheer for the two of them. He nudged Baekhyun to earn his attention.

"Do you want me to introduce you to her on the party?"

"Y-you will?" Baekhyun beamed at his best friend with hope. Although his heart says no, Chanyeol nodded making the little elf anticipate the upcoming party.

Chanyeol played cupid for the two and was extremely successful. Chaeyoung changed Baekhyun into a more defined man. Seeing his best friend change for the better is more than enough for him. Though he wished the best for the couple, he was taken aback when he received a wedding invitation along with Chaeyoung's college graduation invitation.

"Y-you're getting married?" The couple looked at each other with fondness and then nodded towards Chanyeol. "Right after Chaeyoung's graduation."

"O-oh."

"Chan, you're not against this, are you?"

"O-of course not, Baek. I-it's just that..." He took a deep breath and more words just flew through his mind. He couldn't say anything and just remained silent, drowned in his own thoughts.

"I feel like I'm going to give my brother away." He said with a lousy smile.

Baek chuckled and kicked his best friend's knee. "You're not gonna ditch me, are you?"

"Of course not. Why would I let the opportunity to be the best man at my very own best friend's wedding, slip at my fingertips?"

"Thanks C."

"Anything for you, B."

The much awaited day has finally come. The day started with Byun Baekhyun pacing back and forth inside his hotel room.

"Byun Baekhyun. You're going to dig a hole if you keep doing that." Chanyeol halted his best friend by gripping both his shoulders.

"S-sorry." He said and sat down. Baekhyun took a deep breath before covering his face with his hands. "I'm just so nervous. I love Chaeyoung so much that I don't want to lose her anymore."

"Worrying won't help. You're getting married to her today, Baek!"

"I know. But what if she suddenly changed her mind and ditched me?"

Chanyeol walked up to Baekhyun and poured a glass of icy cold water on him. Before Baekhyun could react, Chanyeol shoved a towel on his face.

"You must've been insane. I just helped you freshen up a bit. Shut up, stop worrying, and fix yourself, Byun Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun chuckled and nodded.

"Thank you for everything ugly tower."

"I told you. Anything for you, ugly elf."

Chanyeol was beside Baekhyun throughout the ceremony. Seeing Chaeyoung sit beside him makes him feel like dying. He wanted to stop the wedding and confess at the exact moment, but he doesn't want Baekhyun to hate him. When feeling nervous, Baekhyun would steal glances at him and Chanyeol would smile and nod in response.

At this moment, Chanyeol now hates the fact that only his presence can calm Baekhyun. He wants to disappear but seeing his restless friend makes him want to stay. He hates the fact that Baekhyun only relies on him despite being a social butterfly. He hates the fact that he is an important part of Baekhyun's life and that he has to be there with him in every milestone he takes. He hates the fact that he's sitting as Baekhyun's best man instead of his real brother, making him extra special. He hates the fact that he likes his best friend but his best friend will never like him back.

Everyone gave their best wishes to the newly-wed couple at the reception venue. As part of a wedding tradition, the couple led the slow dance followed by their parents. Chanyeol was taken aback when the host asked him and bride's maid to dance along as well.

"So... you're his best friend?" The girl initiated the conversation.

"Yes. Sister, I suppose?" He asked referring to Chaeyoung's relationship with the girl.

"Uh-huh. You must be so special to Baekhyun to be his best man instead of Baekbeom."

"You could say that." Chanyeol feels stuffy with everyone talking about the couple, he excused himself and made his way to the couple.

"Hey, Baek." He said earning Baekhyun's attention immediately.

"I need to leave."

"Eh? But you still need to say a few words."

"Oh. Okay. I'll do it, but I'll leave afterwards."

"You must've been really tired, huh? Just write something on a piece of paper and pass it to the host. I'll see you some time, then?"

"Of course. See ya."

With a heavy heart, Chanyeol wrote a message for the two and left.