PART 8

Baekhyun's knees got weak and the glass he is holding shattered. Chaeyoung held his arm for support.

"Baek." She said making him face her. His face shows no emotion but his eyes are filled with tears. "Baekhyun, listen to me." He faced her and softened his expression.

"Go. Pull yourself together and go."

He sniffed and wiped his tears away. He courageously stood up and borrowed the microphone from the host.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry that you have to hear this sudden announcement. However, we will have to put an end to this. Please make yourself full before you leave." He said motioning towards the food prepared for the guests.

He swallowed to hold back his tears and turned to his wife. "Sorry."

"I understand. Go."

"Hyung, please take noona and their parents. I don't think she can drive yet." Baekbeom, Baekhyun's older brother, nodded.

Baekhyun drove at the speed of light and rushed to the emergency room.

"I'm here for Park Chanyeol." He said in a rush.

"Ah. Yes. The doctor will be here in a minute. Please sit here and wait."

"T-thank you."

He was tapping his feet restlessly when the doctor got out from the emergency room with a bag in his hands.

"He was involved in a car accident. The truck driver who hit him was drunk."

Baekhyun's fist bawled up and he asked where the damn driver was.

"Wow. Chanyeol-ssi must've know you very well."

"H-huh? W-what do you mean, doc?"

"His last words are as follows..."

"A small guy will come look for me. If he showed up, please tell him to calm down and that the driver will not get away with karma for the rest of his life. If he doesn't show up, please tell my parents to kill that small guy."

"That tower, really." He said clenching his jaw in attempt to stop his tears.

"By the way, this is recovered from his car. Apparently he only carries this bag around and it has everything he needs inside." The doctor handed him the bag. "The policemen were about to search inside it for identification but then a note under it says that only you, Mr. Byun Baekhyun, has the right to open it."

The doctor left Baekhyun as soon as the rest of their families arrived.

"D-do you wanna go see him?" Mrs. Park asked.

He smiled weakly and nodded.

They were allowed inside the room where they laid Chanyeol's body. Mr. and Mrs. Park let Baekhyun take off the sheets covering their son. His slender fingers were trembling and he finally let out his tears without holding back.

He stood in front of his best friend's dead body, crying without a sound. Yoora attempted to create a conversation by telling their parents that she'll arrange the funeral. She was talking while crying making the crack in her voice evident.

Mr. Park hugged Baekhyun and Baek hugged him back. "I'm sorry, B, that it had to happen on your wedding day."

"Yeah. My thoughts exactly. I kinda hate Chan for this." His voice cracked and he finally let loose. He clutched on Mr. Park's shirt tightly and sobbed. "But I can't hate him. I will never hate him. Even if this is a prank that he pulled just to see me cry over him, I won't ever hate him."

Chanyeol's father is now shedding a tear as he consoles Baekhyun. "Hush, dear. It's okay."

"How can you say it's okay, Dad? It's not okay." He said and held Chanyeol's freezing hand.

"Wake up, ugly giant. You have to see your nephews and nieces."

He didn't control himself anymore. "Sorry guys. Just this once. Please don't hold me back." They sobbed with Baekhyun as he was beside Chanyeol, kneeling, hoping he would still wake up. He stopped sobbing but he would never let go of Chanyeol's pale cold hand.

"B, your wife's waiting."

He glanced at Chanyeol and bumped his fist with Chanyeol's dead ones. "I need to go. I'll come back tomorrow." He left clutching unto Chanyeol's only possession, his bag.

Baekhyun arrived at the hotel with a nervous wife waiting for him. As soon as he arrived, she rushed and hugged him tight.

"Sorry." He whispered.

"No one wants this to happen. It's okay."

"But I'm not okay with it, so I'm sorry." She nodded and hushed him down.

"Sorry Chaeyoung, I need to be alone for now."

"Okay. But don't forget that I'm always here, okay?"

"..." Baekhyun was already staring into space and didn't bother responding.

He stared at Chan's bag for quite some time before he started pressing the code.

He smiled faintly and rummaged through his belongings.

He found a diary containing their adventures ever since Chanyeol learned how to write. He was scanning through it when a letter fell from the said notebook. Finally having the access to his best friend's stuffs, he took the letter and discovered that it was for him.