PART 7

"Although the best man is not with us..." The host started.

"Uhm. Could you rephrase your statement please? It's a bit uncomfortable to listen to." Baekhyun interrupted.

"Sorry." The host cleared his throat and started. "The best man left a message for the newly-wed couple right after leaving for an important matter."

"Hey guys. Sorry for leaving early. I know you'll understand, right? *chuckles*"

"Anyway, I'd like to say thank you to Chaeyoung for changing my best friend. But at the same time, you know that I hate you right? *laughs* Kidding. It's just that, ever since you guys became a thing, Baek and I had less time together."

"And to Baekhyun... I don't have anything to say to you. I've been transparent with you ever since we were born so probably by now, I have already said everything. I love you, bro. I'm sure you'll be the best father to your future kids and husband to Chaeyoung. Though I hope they won't be like you, or else you two will have a hard time raising it. Lol."

Yoora, Chanyeol's sister, keeps on holding back her tears. "My brother is such a fool." She's the only person that knows his brother's true feelings. He would sometimes call her and cry, sharing his pain with her.

"To those who are worried for Chaeyoung, I've known Baekhyun since diaper days. He only makes a mistake once and after getting beaten for it, he'll regret it for the rest of his life. If you're worried that he might cheat on her, don't. He got cheated, so he's done with that. If you're worried that he'll beat her up, oh don't be. He's soft as a marshmallow. There's no way he can beat girls. Chaeyoung changed him. There's no way that he'll do stupid things to her."

"To sum things up, Baek is a good person and I love him to death. Cheers to the both of you and have a good life ahead."

Chanyeol was supposed to say something before everyone drinks their wine, but since he left, the host just did it in his place. Right after he said "cheers", Yoora's wine glass slipped from her trembling hands.

"N-noona." Baekhyun got up, flustered. "Is something wrong?" Baekhyun asked. This time, all eyes are on her waiting for her answer. She looked at Baekhyun with tears in her eyes.

Baekhyun let out a fake chuckle. "Noona. You're scaring me. Stop it."

She bit her lower lip and lowered her head in embarrassment. She scanned the surroundings and saw that everyone was waiting for her to answer Baekhyun's question. She took a deep breath and gathered all her courage to look him in the eyes.

"Chanyeol..." She took a sharp breath before finishing her sentence.

"Hospital." Everyone looked at each other and can't believe the news they are hearing.

A tear escaped her eyes as she says the last word.

"DEAD ON ARRIVAL."