PART 5

It has been three days and Chanyeol is still not showing up in their apartment. He started attending classes but was avoiding Baekhyun. Baekhyun woke up with a heavy sigh.

"This is so frustrating." He pulled out his hair out of frustration. "I want my best friend back." He was spacing out for so long that he didn't notice he was already late. He took a quick bath and dressed up. As soon as he got out of his room, a delicious smell welcomed him.

Out of curiosity, he walked towards the kitchen counter. He found a lunch box with a sticky note on it.

"If you're reading this, it means your late. Hurry up and put this in your bag and run you little elf. -C"

He can't help but smile from ear to ear while hurriedly packing his lunch. He ran to catch up with the bus but he still arrived at exactly lunch time. He ran through the campus in search for his giant best friend. He saw him having a guitar session with the people from his club.

He didn't manage to think straight and didn't care if they were in public. He ran and gave Chanyeol a back hug which, of course, shocked his giant best friend.

"B-baek. H-hey. Get off of me."

The latter grinned and let go. He pulled the giant's arms with him and bowed to his colleagues. "I'll be borrowing my Chan for a while."

"Sure. You two looks like you need to catch up with each other."

"Thank you so much." Baekhyun bowed once again before pulling his best friend with him to secluded area in the campus.

"What the hell, little elf?! We were making a song back there."

Baekhyun didn't answer and just stared at Chanyeol with a huge grin on his face. By now, Chanyeol knows why he's acting this way. Baekhyun pulled out the lunch box from his bag and wasn't able to look at Chanyeol anymore.

"T-thank you." Baekhyun said with a sniff.

"Hey, B. A-are you... crying?"

"T-thank you C-chan."

Chanyeol didn't care about anything anymore. He took a deep breath and smiled.

"You're still a crybaby, huh?!" He teased and pulled his best friend into a tight hug.

"I love you Baek." Baekhyun has no idea how much Chanyeol's heart want to scream these words right now.

Baekhyun felt like the child whom Chanyeol protected when they were kids. He didn't care about the world. What's important is that he reconciled with his best friend and he didn't want to repeat the same mistake ever again.

"Have you learned your lesson?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun who is still sobbing at his chest. Baekhyun nodded while clutching on Chanyeol's shirt tightly.

Chanyeol chuckled and instructed Baekhyun to eat the brunch he made for him. His heart was in frantic seeing his best friend munch happily in front of him. Throughout that day, Baekhyun kept on following Chanyeol and clinging unto him making the tall giant a bit uncomfortable.

"Baek." Chanyeol stopped walking on the hallway and so did Baekhyun.

"Yes, Chan?" He answered in a cute tone while looking up at him with hopeful eyes.

"Can you just act normal? You're getting weird."

"I just want to make up for my mistake." Baekhyun said and stretched out his arms. "You know, just like when we were kids. My aegyo used to work on you all the time."

"It still works right now. I'm just afraid that I might kiss you in the middle of the crowd."

"Well, it doesn't work anymore Byun Baek so cut it out." Chanyeol said eyeing his best friend down.

"Psh. I know. I was just trying." Baekhyun said and turned serious. "Hey, Chan." He called him causing him to stop in his tracks. "We're good now, right?" He asked nervously.

"Of course little elf. Now get in the car before I change my mind."