5

"Out of here!"_____________________________________

"Out of here!"
_____________________________________

Mackenzie POV

After yesterday of finding out that I might like Parker, I had trouble sleeping at night. I tried work on an invention that I've been working on lately. No use, if just reminded me of him. I tried then doing some scientific equations, reading, doing jumping jacks but still, nothing. I was about to give up till I decided to write down all my feelings for him down on paper. I continued writing till I passed out on my desk, happily dreaming of something.

****

The following day came and I was just out of the zone, LITERALLY! I couldn't do anything that day. When it came to working on experiments, working on problems, or working on inventions, everything either set the fire alarms off or it was wrong. My teacher and everyone else knew that I was ok because of my outcomes. When Joey was acting like he was all that, I didn't make a sarcastic remark! I could tell that Parker could tell be of the look he had on his face all day. The bell for Mr.Belex's class rang and I snapped out of the trance I was in, looking around to see that everyone left but Joey, who's now sitting next to me.

"Mackenzie, I know that we both never got along and that you don't like me at all-You got that right," I mumbled.

"I just to make sure that you're okay. You haven't been yourself all today, that means the sarcastic remarks that you always make when I say something that you find stupid," Joey explains.

"Joey—" I get interrupted by someone slow clapping, obnoxiously loud, walking towards us.

"Is that a "Hey, you're so cool," slow clap or a "Hey, I'm mocking you slow clap?" Joey asked the obnoxious red head.

"A slow clap is always "Hey, I'm mocking you," I said to a dumbfounded Joey.

"And who might you be?" The red head, Skeeter asked, sliding next to me.

"Out of here!" I said, grabbing my backpack and quickly walking out the classroom.

****

After school, I went to Ruby's house to study with her. I knocked on the door only to have Parker answer the door. I probably looked like an idiot at the moment because I pretty much froze right there in front of him.

"Hey Mack, what are you doing here?" Parker asked.

"I'm here to study with Ruby, is she here?" I asked him.

"She must have forgot to tell you, she on set of, Sing It Louder, filming this week's episode," he explained.

"O-oh, I guess I'll just go home then," I said turning around, I was about to leave until he grabbed my hand.