11

"Now, that's more like it,"____________________________________

____________________________________

Mackenzie POV

"Thanks for tagging along with me today, Finch," I thanked, as we both entered the mall's court yard. I needed to get more glass slides for my microscope and Finch so happened to need to pick up a few things from the mall as well. I decided to invite Finch along so that we could go shopping together.

"No problem, it's been a while since we've hung out together," Finch smiles.

"I'm just glad that you finally made time for your other best friend," he teased.

"I could never forget about you if I tried," I grinned, as we both took a seat in the bench, wanting to take a break.

"How have things been with you and Parker?" Finch questioned.

"Distant," I hesitantly replied.

"Why is that?" he asked, turning his body so that he was facing me. I remained silently which caused him to frown.

"Mack, you can't just bury how you feel for the rest of your life," Finch sighed.

"I've been doing it for a while and I'm okay," I muttered, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"You have to tell Parker how you feel," he concluded, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Then what? Have him believe that I'm some crazy jealous girlfriend?" I scoffed, looking down at my shoes.

"You're not a crazy jealous girlfriend, you're a girlfriend who's concerned," Finch replies. I threw my arms around Finch, catching him by surprise. After a few seconds he hugged me back, gently patting the top of my head. By the time we pulled away from the hug, we saw Parker, who was dressed up like a toddler, walking on his knees. Joey, not far behind him. I stopped in front of them, looking at Parker then back at Joey.

"Parker?" I questioned, confused at what I was witnessing at the moment.

"What are you guys doing?" Finch added, also looking at them weirdly.

"We're trying to sneak into the movies without having to pay the price of two whole tickets. Now, Parker's brainstorming more ideas," Joey briefly explained, as the youngest Rooney stood up from his knees.

"We're gonna get in, one way or another," Parker declared, raising a fist in the air.

"I'll see you later," he says, placing a quick kiss on my cheek before storming away, Joey running after him. I touched the cheek that he kissed me on, feeling my face grow warm.

"Your boyfriend is strange," Finch spoke, watching the two brothers form a plan.

"Yeah, but he's my kind of strange," I sighed, a small smile on my lips.