7

"Fine! I like Parker Rooney!"_____________________________________

_____________________________________

Mackenzie POV

After what happened on Christmas between Parker and I, things have been pretty good. I lied, things aren't the way they're supposed to turn out. Trust me, I honestly really do like Parker, but I'm not sure if he likes me. He the kind of guy who's a mystery to you. Currently, Val was carrying 2 beakers while I was carrying a stack of paper full of data. We were walking towards that lab till Parker stopped us.

"Oh, hey Val, Mack, what's in the beakers" Parker asks us.

"Once concentrated fox urine for enzyme analysis," Val says.

"The other one's apple juice," I simply said.

"Shoot, I forgot which is which," Val says.

"Lunch is gonna be exciting!" I sarcastically cheered.

"What do you say Val? Me and you? Friday night?" Parker says.

"Seriously?" Val and I both say in unison. Parker and Val then looked at me strangely.

"I meant go on," I said to them.

"You and me?" Val asked.

"I can't think of a better pair," Parker says.

"Maybe I can," I mumbled, luckily they couldn't hear me.

"Um, yes. I'd like that, see you later," Val smiled, walking away. I then angrily turned and walked away.

"Mack, what's wrong?" Parker asked, grabbing my arm.

"You should know what wrong, you literally did it in front of me!" I huffed, yanking my arm away from him, storming off somewhere.

****

After school, I head to Ruby's house to tutor her, luckily Parker wasn't there. I just can't believe that he would do something like that to me.

"Ok, lets say the you have a best friend and your crush who you kissed on Christmas literally asks your best friend to the dance in front of you and then asks you whats wrong and acts like nothing happened! What do I do?" I innocently ask.

"Uh, this problem has nothing to do with science, let's take a breaks and talk about your problem," Ruby says, taking the science book and closing it, placing it on the table.

"First, we're gonna need an expert—I'm here!" Liv yelled, running over to us and sitting in front of me.

"W-were you eavesdrop our conversation in the kitchen?!" I asked her.

"...Maybe..." Liv says, pursuing her lips together.

"Why does it matter anymore, he won't even realize that I like him anyway," I sighed.