6

"Who's Dr

          "Who's Dr.P?"
____________________________________

Mackenzie POV

Finally after months and months of waiting, it's was finally Christmas time in the wonderful, hot, sunny California. I've never really had your average White Winter and all that but, I've had a pretty decent one. I was at home working on one of my inventions till my phone rang. The caller I.D. read Ruby's name and I answered.

"Hey Ruby, how can I help you?" I asked her.

"Parker was wondering if you wanted to come over and hang out with us," Ruby asked.

"Why didn't he just call or text me himself?" I asked.

"...I don't know, but can you come over?" She asked.

"Sure, be there in 10," I smiled, and hung up. I sighed, ran my fingers through my hair, grabbed my phone off my desk and ran downstairs.

"Mackenzie, where are you going?" My dad yelled from the kitchen.

"I'm going over to Ruby's house to hang out with her!" I yelled back.

"Ok, call if you need anything," he said, before going back to what he was doing.

****

Ruby, Parker, and I current walked into the kitchen through the back door, after hanging out for a while. We find Mrs.Rooney surrounded by a table of sweets and a house that looks like The Rooney's old house in Wisconsin before it got destroyed.

"Whoa! Looks just like our house in Wisconsin," Parker says, admiring the model.

"Oh, except this ones still standing," Ruby said, I stifle a laugh and looked at Parker.

"This family just does not let things go!" Parker whined.

"Sweetie, that's how families work," Mrs.Rooney says to him.

"So, Liv asked me to make a gingerbread version of our house,  she is giving Maddie a surprise Wisconsin Christmas because she is homesick," Mrs.Rooney said.

"Aww, that's so sweetie, and trust me, that's coming from me, a  person whose not really the touchy-feely type," I said.

"Homesick for what? The cold, the ice, the howling wind? The only thing that I miss our snow days," Parker says.

"What's a snow day?" Ruby and I asked in unison.

"Oh Ruby, Mack, sometimes in Wisconsin, it snows so much that they cancel school," Mrs.Rooney explains.