9

"This isn't gonna end well,"____________________________________

____________________________________

Mackenzie POV

So far what's happening in my life: California just got even more interesting. I now have a Junior Marine Biologist Internship, which means that if I do well, I could possibly become the first youngest Marine Biologist. And to top it all off: I'm dating Parker Rooney. When we told his family that we were in a relationship, of course his sisters (Not surprisingly, and Joey) all freaked out with excitement. Well, Liv did the most, of course. Yup, life can't get any better. Right now, I'm down at the beach with some other marine biologist interns, measuring the oceans water quality, till I get a call from Maddie. Unsure of why she called me, I answered it.

"Oh good! Thank goodness you answered Mack!" Maddie sighed in relief.

"Ok? Is there a reason that you called Rooney? I'm sorta in the middle of something important," I said, holding the phone with one shoulder, while taking a sample of the ocean in a small container.

"What's more important than your best friend Val, flirting with your boyfriend, Parker?!" She exclaimed. I then busted out laughing at her statement.

"W-Why are you laughing? This is serious!" Maddie says.

"Okay, how is she flirting with him?" I asked her.

"They're sitting next to each other, really close on couch. Then Val giggled and said," I think you meant to put Boron," She said, mimicking a girly impression of Val.

"Maddie—Don't worry, I'll stop that she-devil from destroying your relationship with Parker!" Maddie shouts before hanging up. I shrugged my shoulders, placed my phone back in my back pocket, and continued to what I was doing.
****

The next day at B.O.O.M.S, Val and I were working on an invention for class. The bell rung as we grabbed our backpack. I turned to Val to say something till, Finch ran into the room.

"You gotta come see what's happening in the courtyard," Finch said.

"Is somebody challenging me to a dance battle? Because Falcon...accepts," Joey says, jumping up, and doing some weird peace sign.

"B.O.O.M.S is about to unveil a new mascot," Finch said.

"New mascot?" I asked, standing up.

"B.O.O.M.S has a mascot?" Parker asked, standing up as well.

"We did, but one horrible, terrible day..." Finch said, thinking back to that day when Skeeter unveiled a poop wearing a shower cap statue. It was so bad I had to go see therapy for a month! A month!

"Don't remind me, I still have nightmares thinking about it," I shudder as Finch, Joey, Val, Parker, and I walked out of the classroom.