Blackout

You blankly stared outside the large window of the upstairs hallway.

It was raining once again. But this time, it was raining even harder. It was probably raining harder than you've ever seen it. Well, it would've been raining harder than you've ever seen it, if you could actually see. Because it was so late in the evening and the clouds were covering any inch of light that could escape the night, it was pitch black outside, the only thing visible being the running water on the window.

Well it was a good thing you were in here instead of out there. And, you had made a special note to yourself to avoid Master Red and Master Black in case of another hilarious joke.

But now was not the time to be dawdling about in your own thoughts, you had dessert to make! You had learned overtime that Master Blue, Black, and Papyrus get considerably cranky while you tried to put them to bed when they didn't get their daily dose of desert. Now, you always make time for dessert, even on evenings like these.

As the wind howled, you began descending the steps to the foyer so you could make it to the kitchen. As you reached the last step, you saw Master Blue zip past you almost faster than light.

"Master Blue?" You questioned. "Why are you running?"

When Master Blue caught wind of your voice, he hurriedly rushed back down to your side. "MS. Y/N!" Master Blue almost sang in surprise. "ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE DESSERT SOON?"

"Yes I am, Master, but-!"

"OH, WHAT ARE YOU MAKING? ARE YOU MAKING BLUEBERRY PIES LIKE LAST WEEK? THOSE WERE ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT, PERFECTLY FITTING FOR A HERO SUCH AS I!"

You giggled at his adorableness, but decided to redirect the conversation back to the subject at hand. "I'm afraid not, Master Blue. I'm making banana pudding, per Master Papyrus' request. But desserts aside, why are you running?"

"OH!" Master Blue looked like he had a moment of realization on his face. "I ALMOST FORGOT! I LEFT A WINDOW OPEN UPSTAIRS, AND NOW I HAVE TO CLOSE IT BEFORE-!!"

Suddenly, with a huge clap of thunder rang through the hallway before the lights went out.

Blink-blink.

"MMWWEEHH!" Master Blue clung to you like his life depended on it. "W-WHAT HAPPENED?!"

"It seems we're in a blackout, Master Blue."

"A-A-A BLACKOUT?!" Master Blue squeezed you tighter, cutting off your circulation.

"Master Blue, that hurts-"

"WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?! I CAN'T SEE A THING!" Master Blue squeezed you even tighter, reminding you of the strength that Master Blue usually didn't let on.

"Well, uh, first you can let go because it's getting hard to breath-"

"WE SHOULD GO GET PAPY! HE'LL KNOW WHAT TO DO!" Master Blue whined as he hugged you tighter, "B-BUT... I'M WORRIED WE MIGHT GET LOST! LET'S CUDDLE AND WAIT FOR HELP INSTEAD!"

"Master Blue, you are two seconds away from snapping my spine."

"OH, SORRY." Master Blue dropped you, letting you take in a few gasps of air. "I CAN'T SEE VERY WELL IN THIS DARKNESS."

Apparently, he can't hear well, either. You kept your thoughts to yourself as you tried to squint through the darkness.

"Hmmm... I really can't see a thing. I've never been so blind before..."

"I KNOW! IT'S KINDA... EERIE." Master Blue hummed, and you couldn't help but agree with him. "I GUESS WE'LL JUST HAVE TO CUDDLE TO MAKE EACH OTHER FEEL BETTER!"