...Wait, where am I?: Part 2

It had been a day or two since you woke up at the skeletal household and, you had to admit, it was harder work than you anticipated. Luckily, everyone, save for two, was kind enough to give you a little space to adjust. Even so, you had never worked so hard in your life! Well, that you could remember, at least. You had barely ever cooked before this, and learning was a struggle to say the least.

Luckily, Master Black was there to direct your path most of the time.

"-AND THEN YOU ADD THE VINEGAR BOTTLE." He told you as you prepared the lasagna dish.

"How much?"

"THE WHOLE THING."

"The whole thing?" You looked at it quizzically.

"DID I STUTTER, SLAVE?!"

"As you wish." You started dumping the entire contents in.

Master Black rolled his eyelights, "THE BOTTLE TOO, YOU DIMWIT. CAN'T YOU FOLLOW THE SIMPLEST OF TASKS?"

"The glass bottle?" You shook your head, that couldn't be right! Or maybe, that couldn't be right for just humans, but for monsters it was fine? "Won't that hurt to eat?"

"NYAHAHA! PATHETIC HUMAN! IF ONE CAN'T STOMACH A SMALL THING LIKE GLASS SHARDS, THEN THEY WEREN'T WORTHY OF EATING THIS AMAZING RECIPE IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

You must've been right, why else would he consider glass shards nonthreatening? You looked to the bowl uncomfortable as you shifted slightly.

Master Black didn't seemed to like your discomfort, "HUMAN, WHY DO YOU HESITATE?"

"It's just..." You kept your eyes on the bowl, "I'm scared I can't eat it. Glass shards may be nothing to you, but I don't have a very high pain tolerance, I don't think, and it may hurt..."

"HMMM... I SEE YOUR PITIFUL DILEMMA..." Master Black crossed his arms. "I BET YOU'RE JUST ITCHING FOR A TASTE OF MY DELICIOUS LASAGNA RECIPE, CORRECT?"

You nodded enthusiastically.

"TOO BAD!" Your heart dropped. "IF YOU CAN'T STOMACH THE GLASS, THEN YOU WILL EAT YOUR DISGUSTING LEFTOVERS!"

Your expression fell as you looked to the floor. You were really looking forward to eating this meal that he helped you cook! But... maybe this was for the best. If you ate leftovers, maybe you could try a bit of your own cooking before you lost your memories. It would at the very least be something reminiscent, and at the very most you could possibly regain some memories.

"AWW, HOW ADORABLE." Master Black cooed. "THAT MELANCHOLY EXPRESSION TELLS ME EVERYTHING, HUMAN! AS MUCH AS I ENJOY SEEING YOU IN SUCH A LOVELY STATE, I AM NOT COMPLETELY HEARTLESS. THEREFORE, PERHAPS IF YOU'RE GOOD, IN THE FUTURE, I WILL MAKE FOR YOU A SPECIAL RECIPE OF MY LASAGNA WITHOUT THINGS THAT COULD HURT YOU."

Your eyes brightened as you looked up to him, this startled you're tall, edgy Master. "Really?"

"I-I-!" Master Black's cheeks were a tomato red, "I SAID IF YOU'RE GOOD, Y-YOU IMBECILE! LAST TIME I CHECKED, SHORT AND DISRESPECTFUL REPLIES AREN'T GOOD!!"

"Forgive me, Master," You replied, but your smile didn't leave. "and thank you!"

"NNNNNNGGGGG..." Master Black turned away from you, "GRAB THE PAPRIKA! WE HAVE TO ADD THE SPICES NOW!"

"Yes, sir!"

Surprisingly, Master Black didn't mind much you calling him sir, always answering with an 'I'LL ALLOW IT!' so you didn't stop. Over the few days, he followed you diligently, making sure you did your job right. He may have been very nitpicky and a little harsh with his words, but you were very grateful for his guide. You didn't want to mess anything up, so with him next to you and correcting you on everything, you were able to do everything the right way.