The Beach Episode: Part 1

The ocean was gorgeous! Honestly, you had never been so close to such a large body of water before, and it was much more blue than you would have expected! It was like a sea of cyan and orange crystals glistening in the sunset, each second taking your breath away the more you looked at it.

"pretty, isn't it?" Master Sans hummed.

"Beautiful." You replied in agreement, leaning on the edge of Master Papyrus' red car as he drove.

"BEAUTIFUL IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!" Master Papyrus smiled, not taking his eyes off the road nor his hands off the wheel. "YOU SHOULD'VE SEEN IT THE FIRST TIME WE ARRIVED ON THE SURFACE!! IT WAS ASTOUNDING, THEN!"

"I can't even imagine..." You replied honestly. You had always wondered a little bit about the underground, but you had never had the courage to ask. You were sure it was a sensitive subject to your Masters and apparently each one had a different experience, so it was a little hard to approach the topic. But, you supposed now was as good as time as any.

Though, before you could even voice a word, Master Papyrus continued. "IT'S BEEN AGES SINCE WE'VE SPEND SOME TIME HERE! SANS, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE VISITED THE BEACH? DO YOU REMEMBER?"

"mmmm," Master Sans had his eyes closed as he leaned back in his seat. "was it back when undyne and alphys invited us?"

"OH, YES!" Master Papyrus beamed, "THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN! REMEMBER THE SAND CASTLE BUILDING CONTEST?"

"heh. we crushed it."

"REALLY? BECAUSE I REMEMBER ME BUILDING IT, AND YOU LITERALLY CRUSHING IT WHEN YOU FELL ASLEEP ON THE MOAT!"

You giggled at the thought. You kinda wanted to build a sand castle.

Master Sans shrugged, his grin only widening, "i sand i was sorry, paps."

"AND I DID FORGIVE YOU, EMPHASIS ON THAT PAST TENSE BECAUSE NOW YOU HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY UNFORGIVEN AFTER USING THAT STRETCH OF A PUN!"

"whale, it was worth a shot."

"SANS-!!"

"Will we be camping on the beach?" You interrupted as you lazily rested your head against your arms.

"I AM, YES!" Master Papyrus beamed, happy to get off the subject of puns.

"the rest of us will be staying in a beach house." Master Sans closed his eyes again. "some friends of orange and blue are letting us stay in theirs."

"Oh, really?" You perked up, "Will we be meeting these friends?"

"nah, they only keep the beach house for occasional vacations, so they're letting us borrow it."

Rich people.

You exhaled exaggeratedly as you looked back over the ocean. You could honestly stare at it for hours... "Are we almost there?"

"nah, we got a little while to go." Master Sans hummed.

"THE BEACH HOUSE ISN'T FOR A WHILE, SO WE'LL JUST BE CRUISING ALONG THE OUTSIDE OF THE OCEAN FOR NOW!"

"Hmmmm...." Whether it was the orange, calming light of the sunset or the comforting sound of the ocean, you didn't know but you felt yourself drifting into sleep. "...Lovely . . ."

---

"IS SHE SLEEPING?" The loud voice almost startled you awake despite its best efforts to sound like a whisper.

"yeah, i think so." Master Sans? Ugh, what time was it?

"SHOULD WE WAKE HER?"

No, don't do it.