Ghosts

The bracelet clinked around your wrist with a loud CLICK.

"You mean I have to wear this all of the time now?" You asked, confused and feeling hurt.

"yeah. well, it doesn't come off, so you couldn't even if you wanted to." Master Sans' voice grew quieter and quieter, as if realizing the injustice of the situation. "at least, not without this." He held up a key.

"Why?" You voice cracked. "I didn't do anything wrong, did I?"

"no, not really." Master Sans had an uncomfortable look on his face, and you couldn't help but think about the nightmare you had last night. Talk about crazy timing for this sudden resurgence of security.

"Do you not trust me?"

"i do, it's just..."

Your eyes dropped. "You don't trust me..."

Master Sans' looked desperate to cheer you up, "it just tells me where you are at all times, it doesn't force you where to go or anything."

"But you will if I go anywhere you don't want me to." You said lowly.

You heard Master Sans swallow. "well, uhm, it won't even matter if you do what you're supposed to, right?"

Say goodbye to the extra hours spent in the library, or the quick window shopping trips to the dress shop while you're out, or being able to spy on your Masters. Maybe that last one wasn't too good...

Master Sans looked uneasy at your melancholy expression. For a second, it looked like he was about to take it back, but then he said, "hey, it won't be so bad. you won't even notice it's there."

"Do I have to take it with me in the shower?"

"uhm."

"What about when I'm cleaning with bleach or bases? Will the rubber gloves fit over them?"

"well..."

"What if Master Red and Master Black decide to secretly take advantage of it? You said it doesn't come off, right? So they could easily use it to tie me to a bed or to pin me by-"

"look, i won't let that happen, you'll be fine."

"...Okay, but the shower thing-?"

"we'll figure it all out when we get there, just wear it for now. and hey, at least it's a cute looking bracelet, right?"

"Seems more like handcuffs..." You said, under your breath.

"what?"

"I said it looks like nice stuff."

Master Sans eyed you for a second, before exhaling. "look, kid. this is more for my own peace of mind. i know it seems a little restrictive right now, but maybe with time we can take it off?"

A little restrictive? You couldn't go pee without him knowing about it. This was some totalitarian crap right here.

"Master Sans." You put your hands to your chest, "I don't often ask anything of you or express my concerns over your orders, I truly don't, but I'm telling you right now, this is invasive and unfair. I may not have much, but I should at least have a right to some inkling of privacy. So please, I'm asking you as a fellow living being and your friend. Don't force me to wear this."

Master Sans looked to you with shock. He didn't seem to expect you to retaliate. But when you're being a power-hungry control freak, you get some retaliation, that's the way it is. "i-... kid, please... don't make this any harder than what it is..."